How To Make A Pitcher Of Mojitos
Juice your limes. I typically do this over a liquid measuring cup with a fine mesh strainer on top of it to keep pulp and seeds out of the final juice.
Pro tip: Youll get more juice from your limes if theyre room temperature. If you keep em in the fridge, pop them into the microwave for 20-30 seconds to get those juices flowing!
Next, get all your mint leaves ready. You need a lot and it is a hassle but skimping on the mint is going to mean for a less flavorful mojito, which is unacceptable. Make sure to rinse the mint leaves off, as well pat them dry with a kitchen towel.
Add the mint leaves to the bottom of a pitcher. Bruise the mint leaves using a muddler or a wooden spoon so they can release their natural oils.
Pour the white rum, lime juice and simple syrup into the pitcher. Stir until combined.
Top the pitcher off with the club soda, and serve immediately, pouring the pitcher mojitos over ice in individual glasses and garnishing with lime wedges and extra mint sprigs.
I Dont Like The Idea Of Having Sugar At The Bottom Of The Glass Can I Use Simple Syrup Instead
Yes, it might not be traditional to use it but its possible to use simple syrup instead of sugar.
To make the simple syrup just bring to a gentle boil equal parts of sugar and water, dissolving the sugar very well. Let the resulting syrup cool down before using it.
You can also try this mint simple syrup recipe, which is incredibly aromatic and versatile addition to drinks and baked goods.
It can be made in large quantities and stored in the fridge, it lasts very very long
Mojitos By The Pitcher Recipe
Fill the pitcher most of the way full with ice. Making mojitos with white rum is essential to ensure the flavor and color are just right. Add the simple syrup or sugar and fill the glass with ice. Add mint leaves to the combination. Put 100g blueberries, 3 chopped lemons and 2 tbsp granulated sugar in a jug and muddle.
7 ounces of light rum 1 ¾ cups sparkling water 1 tablespoon fresh mint, packed tightly Juice of 2 limes Mint simple syrup Preparation Fill pitcher with ice and add all ingredients. Stir well. Serve in glasses garnished with mint sprigs and lime slices. Mint Simple Syrup
In a large pitcher muddle together 32 mint leaves, 1 cut lime, and 4 ounces simple syrup. An easy to make cocktail thats perfect for summer entertaining! Pour it slowly on top of the mixture. Add 1 cup of rum and ice to the pitcher. In a small bowl, muddle together mint, lime juice, and 3 tbsp sugar. Top it off with ice and sliced lime.
Combine lime juice, simple syrup, mint leaves and lime zest in a pitcher using the handle of a long wooden spoon, lightly crush the mint and zest. Add ice cubes and sparkling water stir to mix well. Divide among 4 glasses garnish with lime slices and mint sprigs, if desired.
Step-By-Step Instructions. 1 Wash the 2 limes and cut them into quarters, we are going to use them with the skin on. 2 Juice the rest of the limes and reserve the juice. 3 Put the sugar and the quartered limes inside of the pitcher.
Don’t Miss: Is Deep Eddy Lemon Vodka Keto Friendly
Tools Needed To Make A Mojito
Aside from some common tools such as:
- Cocktail Shaker
- Cocktail jigger
Youll also want to use a muddler to gently mash the mint leaves to release their oils I prefer a simple wooden muddler like this one.
A simple wooden cocktail muddler is a must for making a Mojito drink.
Also Check: How Do You Make Mojitos With Vodka
Why Youll Love This Mojito Recipe With Simple Syrup
There are often a few shortcuts you can use when making famous cocktails like this classic Mojito cocktail.
- The traditional way to make a good mojito is to use real sugar, but youll get the same delicious taste using simple sugar.
- Using simple syrup makes for an easy Mojitos recipe, which means you make them faster.
- If youre making a pitcher of Mojitos, simple syrup is the way to go!
- Perfect for happy hour, a backyard BBQ or sipping by the pool.
- This Mojito is a refreshing summer drink.
Want more refreshing drinks? Check out this list of our favorite summer cocktails.
Donât Miss: How To Make Cocktail With Rum
Don’t Miss: What To Mix With Fireball Whiskey
The Best Mojito Recipe
Mojito cocktails are one of the best drinks, ever. The refreshing lime flavor, mixed with rum, pairs perfectly with fresh mint. Its an easy cocktail you can make right at home and thats a real treat to your tastebuds. Mojitos are great as a slow sipper at the end of the day or a casual gathering with friends. Its always 5 oclock somewhere, right?
Mojito Recipe With Simple Syrup
By: Author Tammy TropRockin
This post may contain affiliate links and I may earn commission from purchases made through these links.
Sharing is Appreciated!
The Mojito is one of those classic cocktails thats simply amazing. To make it easy, this is a fabulous Mojito Recipe with Simple Syrup. Its filled with fresh mint leaves, fresh lime juice and club soda to make the perfect mojito.
Mojito Recipe with Simple Syrup
Recommended Reading: How Much Sugar Is In Smirnoff Vodka
What Is In A Mojito
- Rum: White rum is traditionally whats used to make classic mojitos. That said, there are many variations with some calling for gold rum, dark rum, gin, or even vodka.
- Fresh mint leaves: Traditionally, this cocktail was made using Yerba Buena. However, I doubt most of us can get our hands on this aromatic plant here in the US, so we have come to love and appreciate the mojito with mint.
- Fresh lime juice: Only the fresh stuff. I even underlined it so you know I mean business.
- Sugaror Simple syrup: Traditionally, Mojitos were made with sugar cane juice, but I didnt have that, so I used simple syrup. White granulated sugar or honey will work just as well.
- Club soda: Unsweetened bubbly water will be added to top off each glass.
- Ice: Because otherwise, it would taste gross. No, I do not measure my ice.
Helpful tools and equipment:
- Cocktail Muddler. Theoretically, you could use a wooden spoon, but a muddler makes a world of difference.
- Tall glasses such as these highball or Collins glasses.
- Straws. I currently have my eye on these re-usable bamboo, metal, and glass straws.
Mojito With Simple Syrup
Making a mojito with simple syrup instead of with superfine sugar is as simple as substituting the sugar for about ¾ ounce of simple syrup. Make sure not to over-muddle your mixture, and you should be all set to make a delicious mojito at home.
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- ¾ ounce simple syrup
Dont Miss: What To Make With Whiskey
Also Check: What Is The Highest Proof Vodka
Tips For Making The Best Homemade Mojito
Stamp and twist when it comes to muddling. Fresh herbs are very delicate and to avoid them turning bitter, you dont want to pound down when muddling. You want to press down and twist to get the most flavor out.
Use fresh strawberries, mint and lime. Truly nothing beats the flavor of fresh produce, to get the best homemade strawberry mint mojito recipe, I recommend using fresh ingredients.
Read Also: Where To Buy Crown Royal Peach Whiskey
Did You Like This Classic Mojito Recipe Heres More Refreshing Drinks:
Id love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag meon Instagram. And dont forget to Pin it for later! To make sure youre never missing another recipe, please feel free to. As a thanks you will receive a free e-cookbook Travels Through the Seasons, with many delicious recipes from around the world that suit different seasons of the year.
In order to keep the blog up and running this post may contain affiliate links, it will be at no extra cost to you, please read the disclosure for more information.
Don’t Miss: Where To Buy Texas Ranger Whiskey
What Other Flavors Can I Add To This Classic Cocktail Recipe
Try adding some coconut cream to make a tropical and creamy mojitos recipe.
Include other fresh fruits, like sliced strawberries, blackberries, or watermelon, to create delicious fruity flavor combinations.
Mojito Pitcher For A Crowd Recipe
Please a crowd at any party, wedding, catered event, or other gathering with this mojito pitcher recipe. Simply pour all of the ingredients into a pitcher, mix them up, and serve. With this quick and easy recipe, youâll have a tasty beverage for your guests in no time. Plus, youâll be able to fulfill your guestsâ demand for refills in a flash.
Also Check: Can You Mix Malibu And Vodka
You May Like: How To Pronounce Espolon Tequila
Mint Simple Syrup Recipe
You can use simple syrup to infuse flavor into your favorite drinks as well as sweetness.
But simple syrup infused with fresh mint? It brings the bright taste of springtime into the mix.
Like the name implies, minty simple syrup is easy to make all you need is as many cups of sugar as you use water.
Also Check: How Many Calories In Bombay Gin
What Kind Of Rum Is Best In A Mojito
Traditionally, light rum is used in the mojito. It’s probably the best choice when serving a group because its taste has a universal appeal that everyone will enjoy. However, aged rums make nice mojitos as well. Avoid spiced rums that contrast the lime and mint. Whatever style of rum you choose, mid-shelf brands tend to have a clean taste that will complement the mojito’s freshness but won’t blow your entertaining budget.
Read Also: What’s The Best Gin For Gin And Tonic
The Perfect Mojito Pitcher Recipe
A large batch of refreshing and sweet mojitos is basically a party in a pitcher.
This bright and bold drink is perfect for serving at all of your get-togethers that deserve a bit of flair. Guests will know right away they are in for a good time when you whip out a Pitcher of Mojitos brimming with fresh lime juice and mint leaves!
Whether you choose to make your boozy beverages with rum or vodka or even as virgin mojitos this fun recipe with homemade mint simple syrup is sure to set just the right tone for your gatherings. Its even great for prepping in advance for a terrifically easy and amazingly delicious cocktail.
How Do You Make A Good Mojito
You May Like: What Kind Of Drinks Can You Make With Gin
The Precise Strategy To Make A Mojito
The mojito is a bitter cocktail that originates from Havana, Cuba. The origins of the Mojito are cloudy: some say it was invented throughout the 1500s, others throughout the 1800s with the supply of the Bacardi rum agency. In any case, its place as an iconic Cuban cocktail was solidified by the 1930s when Ernest Hemingway helped to popularize the drink.
It makes the report of Worldwide Bartender Affiliations IBA official cocktails. Due to this it has an exact definition, though in reality it is interpreted in one other means by bartenders in every single place on this planet! Proper right heres whats in a conventional mojito recipe:
- Up to date mint
To make it, youll merely muddle mint, add the lime juice, rum, and easy syrup, and shake it in a cocktail shaker. Then excessive off the glass with membership soda sooner than serving. Questioning recommendations on the best way to muddle? Protect finding out.
How To Make A Mint Mojito
1. Make the Simple Syrup. Add all ingredients to a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer. Cover and let simmer for about 10 minutes. .
2. Cool the Syrup. Transfer the contents to a small glass jar and place in the refrigerator to cool.
3. Rim each glass with a sugar mixture. Combine the sugar, flaky sea salt, and lime zest on a plate. Rim both glasses with a lime wedge, then coat the rim with the sugar mixture and fill with crushed ice.
4. Shake the ingredients in a shaker. In a cocktail shaker or glass jar, lightly muddle the mint with a cocktail muddler or the back of a wooden spoon until aromatic. Add the rum, lime juice, simple syrup, a handful of ice cubes and shake.
5. Pour mint mojito into glasses. Strain into the two glasses filled with ice, top with a splash of seltzer or sparkling water and garnish with lime slices and a mint sprig.
Read Also: Is Scotch The Same As Whiskey
What Ingredients Are In A Virgin Mojito Recipe
- Sparkling water
Fresh lime juice makes this drink bright and flavorful, but you can totally cheat if you want to make pitchers for a crowd, or just dont feel the desire to squeeze limes.
Using a quality limeade is a great substitute for the lime juice and the simple syrup combo. Use 1/4 cup of limeade in lieu of the fresh lime and honey syrup. When I buy limeade I love Newmans Own brand because it tastes fresh and has a great lime flavor.
We use plain sparkling water that we make in our Soda Stream, but feel free to use your favorite sparkling water. Want to use a flavored sparkling water? Go for it! I would stick with lime or lemon, but thats just me.
Technically you could also use ginger ale or a lemon-lime flavored soda in lieu of the sparkling water, but Im in the camp of why add more sugar when it isnt needed.
How To Make Mojito Simple Syrup:
Donât Miss: What Kind Of Whiskey Is Knob Creek
Also Check: How Do You Drink Anejo Tequila
What Youll Need To Make A Mojito Pitcher
The Speckled Palate participates in affiliate programs. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases. Please refer to my disclosure page for more information about these affiliate programs.
In addition to these tools, youll need just five ingredients to make this mojito pitcher recipe. You might have some of em on hand already, too:
- Fresh mintyoure going to need lots and lots and lots of this, so I hope the mint plant currently taking over your garden is ready to rock and roll
- White rumwhile a spiced rum or a dark rum would also be delicious in this pitcher drink, mojitos are traditionally made with white rum
- Limes or freshly squeezed lime juiceI purchase the squeezed kind from the refrigerated section at the grocery store. Its with the pre-chopped fruit and is worth the splurge. However, you can purchase limes and squeeze em yourself.
- Simple syrupyou can make it at home or you can purchase it from the store or online.
More About Mojito Recipe Pitcher Simple Syrup
HOW TO MAKE A MOJITO PITCHER
- Top with the club soda, and serve immediately with wheels of lime and additional sprigs of mint.
MOJITO PITCHER RECIPE
- In a small saucepan set over medium-high heat, bring sugar, water and mint leaves to simmer . Stir until the sugar dissolves and then simmer 3 more minutes, without stirring. Pour the simple syrup over a mesh strainer set over a larger bowl. Set the simple syrup in the fridge to cool, about 30 minutes.
- Once the simple syrup has cooled, pour it into a large pitcher and add the rum and lime juice. Stir and chill at least 1 hour or up to 3 days.
THE PERFECT MOJITO BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
- Combine the mint and the lime juice in a small pitcher. Use a muddler to crush the mint in the lime juice, this should take a minute or two. Add the simple syrup and rum to the pitcher. Fill the pitcher about 2/3 of the way to the top with ice and stir well to mix and chill.
- Fill individual glasses halfway with ice, then 2/3 of the way full with the mojito mixture, then top each glass with club soda. Enjoy!
THE BEST MOJITO RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE MOJITOS (SINGLE OR
PERFECT MOJITO A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
MOJITO PITCHER RECIPE SOUTHERN LIVING
MOJITOS BY THE PITCHER | CDKITCHEN.COM
FromTotal TimeServingsCaloriesFromTotal TimeCategoryFrom
Don’t Miss: Where Can I Buy Nikka Whiskey