The Swedish Polar Bear Cocktail Pretty And Delicious
To celebrate winter, in all of its glory, I figured we should share a tasty winter cocktail recipe. Sure, Id rather be somewhere hot but since Im stuck in Edmonton, I might as well enjoy the decent weather weve been getting as of late with a cocktail, right? This one, like the Scarlet Kiss I shared earlier, was also made by my sister Angela and is called a Swedish Polar Bear.
This is one stunning looking cocktail. It almost makes me not want to drink it, but thankfully my thirst for a good cocktail wont allow it to just sit there untouched.
This is a great drink for winter and is super easy to make. There are two variations on this drink. For those who prefer, you can skip the flavored vodka and use the normal stuff, but in a nutshell, you are going to combine Raspberry Vodka, Blue Curacao, Sprite and a splash of lemon juice. Like I said, if you dont have Raspberry vodka, you can use unflavored vodka, just be aware that the taste of each drink will differ slightly.
You can use a snowflake for garnish if you want to get fancy. These can be ordered from Amazon using the link below:
Make a bunch of these for your next gathering or for a Valentines day cocktail alongside the Scarlet Kiss and you are sure to impress. Dont forget to check out the rest of my cocktail recipes here: Cocktail Recipes and try these cocktails:
Good Options That Blend Price And Taste
- Smirnoff: This is a solid alcohol. It burns a bit going down, but its a great bang for your buck. It does the job, doesnt take like rubbing alcohol, and blends pretty seamlessly with most flavors. Its also what I used in this article! Smirnoff also has a ton of flavored options.
- Vitali: In our taste test, this vodka ranked well ahead of everything but Goose. If you want quality and quantity, this is probably your best option. It blended really well with the gelatin and didnt have too much of an alcohol-y kick.
- New Amsterdam: A slightly classier Smirnoff, in my opinion. Theyre similarly priced, taste similar, and both do the job well. If one is on sale, go with that one because, like I said, theyre really similar.
- Three Olives: This stuff is pretty tasty, and they have some unique flavors . However, its a bit pricer than Smirnoff. Its a bit smoother than Smirnoff. Its definitely worth a try, but maybe isnt the most economical choice for a huge rager. Using the cherry flavor vodka in the shots definitely made the flavor more pronounced.
The Drink Recipes Every Vodka Drinker Needs
Vodka may be the most mixable and useful liquor in the bar. The spirit’s clear, clean taste pairs well with any flavor, from sweet to savory and dry to spicy. Featured in thousands of cocktail recipes that vary in character, ingredients, and style, there is a vodka cocktail for every drinker and occasion.
Within that extensive list of vodka drinks, some standouts are considered essential. These are the most popular of those recipes and the drinks that everyone should taste at least once.
Read Also: Who Makes Don Julio
What Is The Most Popular Flavor Of Kool Aid
Some of the more popular and common flavors on the list include Watermelon, Strawberry Kiwi, Soarin Strawberry Lemonade, and Lemon-Lime. The flavorful drink was invented in 1927 by Edwin Perkins in Hastings, Nebraska to reduce the shipping costs of his already-existing liquid concentrate, Fruit Smack.
Recommended Reading: What Can You Mix With Titos Vodka
Because You Really Dont Want To Drink It Straight
Get more Spoon in your feed.
Have you ever thought youve found your favorite chaser just to realize that it doesnt mask the awful taste of vodka anymore? Not to worry, there are plenty more drinks out there that you might not know about. Some vodka mixers arent as well known, but theyre ones you have to try nonetheless.
It doesnt matter if you need a quick chaser or if youre making a mixed drink, all of these vodka mixers will do the trick. Just find what you like and stick with it. Who knows, maybe youll even switch it up a bit.
Don’t Miss: What To Mix With Jim Beam Honey Whiskey
Do I Have To Use These Exact Ingredients For This Vodka Spritzer
One of the great things about these Lemonade Vodka Cocktails that Ive made is that they are incredibly versatile. It all just depends on the flavors you like. At the end of the day, if you like the taste, then youre not wrong.
These drinks are all about balance.
Sweet, tart, sour, bubbly.. these are all elements of this raspberry lemonade that just need to be balanced. Some like more tart, others like more sugar. If you decide to substitute ingredients, consider how the balance changes and how you need to compensate elsewhere.
For example, if you dont want to use pre-mixed lemonade and opt for fresh squeezed lemons, you might want to add more raspberry syrup or mix in a simple syrup because you will be removing most of the source of sugar.
Too much alcohol between the prosecco and the vodka? Consider subbing the prosecco for another source of bubbly. Sparkling water, topo chico, club soda are all options. Youll still get that crisp, bubbly profile but with less intense alcohol percentage.
All that being said, I think this Raspberry Lemonade Vodka Spritzer is a great place to start. Its well balanced already, but you can EASILY make minor adjustments and make it PERFECT for you.
Great Vodkas If You Have Money To Spend
- Grey Goose: Grey Goose is delicious. However, youre mostly paying for the import cost here, not necessarily the quality of vodka. That said, it IS a better vodka than Smirnoff, meaning that its smoother. If you can afford a giant bottle of Goose, those shots will go down real smooth.
- Absolut: In the same quality tier as Grey Goose, this is a wonderful vodka. However, the extra quality that youre paying for is likely to get lost in the Jell-O. If you find a good sale though, go for it! This vodka wont disappoint.
- Belvedere: While delicious and smooth with only the slightest of burns, the intricate flavors are going to be overwhelmed by the Jell-O. If you can swing it and want some smooooth shots, go for it.
Recommended Reading: How Many Carbs Does Flavored Vodka Have
Chambord And Champagne Cocktail
Last up in our raspberry cocktails: Chambord and Champagne! These two go together like peanut butter and jelly. Simply mix the raspberry liqueur with bubbles and youve got a sophisticated raspberry cocktail perfect for celebrations of all kinds. The bubbly sweet tart flavor is refreshing and unexpectedly nuanced for two ingredients. It’s similar to the Kir Royale…which we think is better with Chambord, anyway.
Ingredients: Chambord, champagne or Prosecco
How To Use This Chart
To narrow down the list, you can use the search bar at the top right-hand corner of the table to search for a particular ingredient.
If you are viewing the chart on your phone, I recommend turning your phone horizontally to display all the columns.
And if you cant find the ingredient youre looking for, let me know in the comments belowI will routinely update this chart to make sure its as helpful as possible for you!
Recommended Reading: What Is The Best Tennessee Whiskey
Does Apple Pucker Go Bad
To maximize the shelf life of schnapps for quality purposes, store in a cool dry area away from direct heat or sunlight keep tightly closed when not in use. The shelf life of schnapps is indefinite, but if schnapps develops an off odor, flavor or appearance, it should be discarded for quality purposes.
How To Make Raspberry Lemon Drop
Read Also: Best Rum Raisin Ice Cream Brand
A Look At Other Vodkas You Can Try
Avoid at All Costs
- Svedka: I avoid this like the plague. I can always count on Svedka to make me sick and give me a headache in the morning. No other vodka has this affect on me. I once heard the adage, Never trust liquor that comes in a plastic bottle. This stuff used to come in a plastic bottle, and I think that adage holds true here. Id recommend avoiding this at all costs. It tastes like liquid plastic.
Recommended Reading: Is Gin Good For Weight Loss
Spiked Blue Raspberry Lemonade Recipe
Like this recipe? Pin it by clicking the photo above!!
Be sure to and check out our other great recipes while youre here!
This Spiked Blue Raspberry Lemonade recipe is super easy and soo yummy!! Its a perfect summer drink for by the pool, to take to the beach , or really just to enjoy any time. Even in the morning, I dont judge
Read Also: Pinnacle Whipped Key Lime Vodka Recipes
Can I Make This Cocktail Without A Shaker
Shaken not stirred By shaking the cocktail it helps evenly distribute the ingredients, breaks down the citrus a little, completely chills the cocktail, and even breaks up the raspberries for the perfect flavor!!
Im So Happy Youre Here
Welcome to Sunny Sweet Days. Im Krystal and have been publishing easy recipes, cocktails, and DIY ideas for busy families since 2010. I have a background in influencer marketing and love to create content. This blog started off to document my pregnancy and family stories and developed into a destination website for travel ideas and seasonal holiday content.
Grab a drink and cozy up! I have over 1,000 recipes that you can browse from salads, drinks, and smoothies. Want more? Look at my newly launched Busy Beach Life website which is a place for cute recipes and Florida lifestyle. You can also find me at Busy in Florida, Busy Printables, and Busy on the Bike.
Are you a blogger ? Join my community of creators at Busy Blog Life. You can also learn more about social media management services and virtual assistant programs.
Read Also: What Proof Is Bacardi Rum
This Recipes Must Haves
I love the simplicity of serving this lemonade in Ball Pint Mason Jars! Its just so simple and pretty. Plus you can easily garnish with a few raspberries to make it really stand out in the crowd.
If you dont want to blend and strain the raspberries to make the raspberry juice, you can check out this KitchenAid Maximum Extraction Juicer. This juice is a POWERHOUSE and gets every last drop of juice out of every berry.
Raspberry Lemonade Vodka Spritzer
This Raspberry Lemonade Vodka Spritzer is the perfect cocktail for a warm summer day, or if you want a cute pink cocktail for a Valentines date! Light and refreshing with just a little kiss of sweetness, this pink lemonade vodka cocktail is going to be a hit!
And how cute is this blush pink color?
This isnt my first vodka cocktail to post here. Its also not my second. I just really love a good vodka cocktail, and lately Ive been mildly obsessed with trying different flavor combinations. This is perhaps the sweetest of the three that Ive done so far. If you want some other flavor options, check out my Electric Lemonade Vodka Cocktail and Vodka Lemonade Spritzer.
Don’t Miss: Charbay Blood Orange Vodka
How To Make This Recipe:
This fabulous vodka can be made in four super simple steps:
How To Style The Garnish
To make this garnish youll need one lemon wheel, one raspberry, and a mint leave. Lay the lemon wheel flat. Then take a toothpick and place it through one side of the lemon wheel. Put a raspberry in the middle. Stick the toothpick through the raspberry, and through the other side of the lemon wheel. Add a mint leave and voila!
Prep Time: Total Time:
Raspberry Lemon Drop is a pink cocktail with raspberry vodka, raspberry lemonade, and lemon juice. Super simple to make and so refreshing!
- 2 ½ ounces raspberry lemonade
- 4-5 raspberries
- 1 ½ ounces raspberry vodka
- Mint, for garnish
- 2-3 tablespoon sugar, for rim
Don’t Miss: Does Whole Foods Sell Wine
What Food Goes Well With Vodka
3.9/5They are usually served chilled with vodka sometimes before a feast they are also chilled by being placed in the snow.
- Salted or marinated mushrooms. Source: Lori / Legion Media.
- Herring. Source: Lori / Legion Media.
- Caviar. Source: Lori / Legion Media.
- Lard or ham.
Similarly, what food goes best with vodka?
Top pairings* Cucumber, ditto – in a salad and pickled. Those big sweet-sour cucumbers are especially good. Vodka would also go with the sort of dishes you serve with other white spirits such as aquavit, ouzo or raki so if you fancy taking it in another direction try Greek or Turkish-style meze.
Also Know, how do you properly drink vodka? To drink vodka, try sticking it in your freezer for a few hours and then drinking it straight in a small glass. Instead of shooting the vodka in one swig, sip on it slowly and savor the taste. If you’d prefer to drink vodka in a cocktail, try mixing it with some orange juice to make a Screwdriver.
In this way, what food goes with vodka martini?
The Classic Sharp cheeses or salty nuts enhance the bold and herbal bitter taste of a classic , while mild hummus and pita chips can contrast its sharp flavor. Both buttery chicken or fish appetizers work well, as do bold beef and game.
Can you cook with vodka?
They are usually served chilled with vodka sometimes before a feast they are also chilled by being placed in the snow.
More About This Recipe
- Getting your drink on this summer has never been easier thanks to this four-ingredient vodka lemonade recipe. Fresh raspberries sweeten the deal and help turn this bar go-to into the prettiest cocktail at the party. For best results, we recommend resisting the temptation to use cheap vodka or prepared lemonade. Fresh raspberries, freshly squeezed lemonade and good vodka are the keys to making this the best vodka lemonade youve ever had. However, this vodka-spiked blue raspberry lemonade is equally as summer-worthy and refreshing. Both recipes can be doubled for a party or modified to one person. If you really want to go all out, try making berry ice cubes, theyre delicious in any kind of vodka cocktail!
Don’t Miss: Who Sells Rum Raisin Ice Cream
More Cocktails With Vanilla Vodka
Vodka is the vanilla of the spirits world – it goes with anything. And vanilla is…the vanilla of the flavor world. It pairs well with most any flavor. So there are plenty of cocktails you can make if you’ve got a bottle of vanilla vodka just begging to be used.
- Taste the tropics by adding vanilla vodka to a key lime martini.
- If you wish lemon meringue pie had a bit more of a kick, you’ll love the lemon meringue martini.
- Like boozy milkshakes? How about a chocolate malt?
- Enjoy a taste of the holidays with a pumpkin pie martini.
- Have a delicious hot caramel apple cocktail and feel like a kid again.
- Chocoholics rejoice. Try this tasty Galliano chocolate martini.
- If it’s cookies you crave, try a snickerdoodle cocktail.
- When the Girl Scouts have stopped selling their cookies, try this Girl Scout cookie shot instead.
- Want something fruity? Try a badger cocktail.
Why Is Kool Aid Bad For You
Yes, Kool Aid is bad for you. Each cup of Kool Aid has 20 grams of sugar, or to be precise, the equivalent of 5 teaspoons of sugar. Research has shown that the artificial dyes in Kool Aid may cause hyperactivity in your child. Long-term consumption may increase the risk of obesity, diabetes, and even cancer.
Don’t Miss: What Proof Is Patron Tequila
How To Use The Pairing Recommendations
The cocktail world is filled with experimentation, and flavors can play off one another in unusual ways. With countless ingredients and combinations to choose from, this guide is not limited to cocktails and mixed drinks, but is also applicable to food recipes and when pairing food with drinks. Some of the pairing suggestions have been supplemented with recommendations from The Flavor Bible, written by Karen Page and Andrew Dornenburg. It is a fantastic resource with endless pairings for all sorts of ingredients you might use in your culinary escapades.
Ozarka Sparkling Lemon Water
Believe it or not there is quite a big difference in sparkling water brands. I have had some that seem more like juice or soda than sparkling water. Then there are some that seem to make you more thirsty when you drink them- how is that possible?! I love all the great flavors some brands provide, but I tell you, if you covered my eyes and I took a sip, I couldnt name the flavor because it is so faint!
Ozarka Sparkling Lemon Water is absolutely my preferred sparkling water for my Raspberry Vodka Soda. It has great pronounced lemon flavor! If you choose an Ozarka Sparkling Lemon Water you will know you are drinking a LEMON sparkling water, and it is actually refreshing like water should be.
Don’t Miss: How Many Carbs Does Flavored Vodka Have