Coconut Rum Painkiller A Rum Cocktail
Last Updated on August 24, 2021 by The Noms
Whats better than a twist on a classic tiki cocktail than adding MORE coconut as in this Painkiller Cocktail Recipe?
When summer rolls around and the warm evenings makes you feel like you are on a tropical island, you definitely need a cocktail that fully embraces the tropical vibe! What better way than a Tiki cocktail? We take classic tiki flavors like coconut, pineapple and rum and a little bit of inspiration from the classic Tiki cocktail, the Painkiller, to make a great tropical sipper, the Coconut Rum Painkiller!
This post contains affiliate links for products that we think you as readers might find useful, and we make commission off of these! For more details about our affiliates, click our Disclosure and Contacts Page.
Rum Soaked Grilled Pineapple Highlights
- The marinade will add a rich and decadent flavor to the pineapple.
- As the pineapple slices cook over direct heat, they will sweeten and develop a savory char.
- Reduce the marinade to a caramel-like glaze for even more flavor.
- Serve over ice cream for the perfect grilled dessert.
How To Make Toasted Coconut Rum Pineapple Cream Cocktail
This is a cocktail that doesnt do well shaken. You will need to make this cocktail directly in the cocktail glass you want to drink this coconut rum cocktail from. Begin by filling the glass with crushed or nugget ice. Over the top of the ice pour the Malibu rum, toasted coconut rum creme, and pineapple juice. Stir the three ingredients together with a stir stick or a spoon.
This cocktail would be easy to garnish with toasted coconut on the rim of the glass or with fresh pineapple slices. I had neither of those items, so I drank it as is. The cocktail was completely delicious. The coconut flavor was delicate and paired well with the pineapple juice.
Read Also: Jim Beam Apple Whiskey Nutrition Facts
What Rum Is Best To Use For A Pineapple Rum Cake
- Use a dark rum for a bolder flavor. The first time I made it, I used a white rum and preferred the second one much better with the dark. Its not overwhelming, but its a richer flavor.I would steer clear of the flavored rums as I didnt use it and the sweetness might alter the final taste of this recipe.
Sliq Spirited Ice: The Best Flavor Pairings With Rumalready Mixed
The good news? Now you know what to mix with rum, whether youre in the mood for something light and refreshing or full-bodied and sophisticated.
The better news? You dont have to do any work at all to enjoy delicious mixed rum drinks.
SLIQs frozen rum ice pop daiquiris come ready-to-drink in three of the best flavor combinations: coconut & lime, pineapple, and strawberryyour favorite frozen beverages, now in a convenient box in your freezer. The fun doesnt stop with just rum pops, though, as we also offer frozen vodka pops and .
Looking for more info on how to make delicious cocktails for good time occasions? Explore our blogs on Best Frozen Rum Drinks and What are the Different Types of Rum?
You May Like: Carbs In Grey Goose Vodka
Tips For Making This Pineapple Rum Cake
- make it easier on yourself and use your favorite boxed yellow cake mix. There is nothing wrong with using a boxed mix. If youre a purist at heart, then, by all means, make the cake from scratch.
- Use an instant vanilla pudding mix, NOT a cook & serve.
- Prepare a 10-inch bundt pan, like this one, by spraying it generously with a floured baking spray. I like to use Bakers Joy. The cake is less likely to break apart or adhere to the pan.
- Use pineapple tidbits, NOT crushed. Youll toss the pineapple into 2 tablespoons or so of the dry flour/pudding mixture, to suspend the pineapple in the batter and prevent it from sinking to the bottom of the cake.
- Drain the pineapple well and reserve the pineapple juice!
Both Beautiful And Delicious
I am a total sucker for pretty drinks. However, sometimes pretty drinks that will catch my eye at restaurants will end up being duds. They will be watered down and just not good at all. All looks but no taste. I would much rather make this Pineapple Rum Punch Cocktail and sit on my back porch and enjoy. That way, I know for certain its going to be a home run every single time! This cocktail is both pretty and delicious!
Also Check: What Is Ciroc Good With
Grilled Rum Soaked Pineapple
Rum Soaked Pineapple is the perfect way to use grilled pineapple. Were marinating the pineapple in a rum soak , grilling the pineapple, and then finishing with that rum-caramel drizzle. Serve with ice cream and you have a decadent grilled dessert idea that will amaze your guests.
Drop your favorite ice cream over the grilled pineapple rings and top with the rum caramel glaze.
When you are outside, soaking in some amazing weather, and want to maximize your grilling time, consider grilling all your courses, including dessert. So many fruits grill up incredibly well, making for easy and festive desserts. We were inspired to make the pineapple shine in this recipe, while adding a little more texture and flavor with a dark rum marinade. This one is easy and quick, and is totally restaurant worthy.
Frozen Watermelon Coconut Mojitos
Frosty, fruity, and sweet, the frozen watermelon coconut mojito is a fantastic way to cool off on hot summer days. Fresh juicy watermelon, bright lime juice, and garden-fresh mint blend with coconut rum in this iced concoction that makes an ideal patio or deck sipper. Garnish this frozen fruity slushy with coconut shreds, lime slices, mint sprigs, and watermelon wedges.
Read Also: Is Members Mark Vodka Grey Goose
Also Check: Jim Beam And Ginger Ale Name
Grilled Pineapple With Coconut Rum Sauce
Is it a surprise that I had pineapple on my mind after the Teriyaki Burgers with Grilled Pineapple I just made? Im thinking thats a no LOL. The grilled pineapple topping was probably my favorite part of that burger, so I wanted to try it as a dessert. Adding a coconut rum sauce had me completely sold on this recipe. Its time to fire up the grill again and give this Grilled Pineapple with Coconut Rum Sauce recipe a try.
Grilled Pineapple with Coconut Rum Sauce. Sweet, juicy, caramelized grilled pineapple drizzled with a creamy coconut rum sauce. Tropical paradise!
How To Make Rum Punch
This pitcher cocktail is SERIOUSLY easy to throw together its waiting for it to chill thats really gonna get ya!
What Are Some Other Twists On Rum Punch?
- Hurricane Punch Replace the pineapple juice with passion fruit juice, and mango nectar with lime juice and add a dash of sugar.
- Rum Runner Punch Swap out the mango nectar for blackberry brandy and banana liqueur, and float some overproof rum on top of each glass.
- Pineapple Planters Punch Trade the mango nectar for some lemon and lime juice, and opt for gold Jamaican rum vs. pineapple rum.
- Zombie Punch Add more rum! For a pitcher of this extra boozy drink, use 1 cup each pineapple juice, passion fruit juice, and light/dark/gold/spiced rums. Pour some grenadine over each glass, then float with 1/2 ounce of overproof rum. Avoid operating heavy machinery.
Love Rum? Youll ADORE These Cocktails!
Recommended Reading: What Is A Jameson And Ginger Ale Called
How Can I Make Rum Punch For A Party
This recipe as written is for 2 drinks, but lets face it, this drink is perfect to share with your friends and family! Heres how to alter it for a party:
- Figure out how many people are coming to your party and adjust the servings For example if youre having 8 people at your party, youll need to quadruple this recipe.
- Fill up a pitcher to the pitcher, add rum, pineapple coconut juice and lime juice. Stir and chill.
- Pour into ice-filled glasses divide the pitcher contents equally among the glasses.
- Top it off Top off the glasses with a splash of ginger ale.
Variations Of This Cocktail
Debbie is really loving this coconut tequila in her cocktails lately and that would work here as well!
You could also possibly exchange the coconut rum for pineapple rum. You also could use pineapple or coconut vodka in a pinch.
Feel free to exchange the white rum for dark rum too. I happen to love dark rum over white because it has so much more flavor, however it will make the cocktails a slightly different color.
And as mentioned above, try sparkling coconut water for a little more bubble in your cocktail!
Yield: Batch cocktail.
Instructions:Combine all ingredients, shake with ice, strain over ice in a tall tiki glass.
Garnish: Use simple syrup to create a cinnamon sugar rim and garnish with a pineapple wedge.
Tip: Use fresh pressed/squeezed juices, if possible, for freshest flavor. Combine the rum, juices, simple syrup and bitters in a pitcher without ice. Let chill a few hours before serving to blend the flavors.
Read Also: Whats A Good Mixer For Jim Beam
How To Make Coconut Rum Cocktail
4 ingredients is all you need to turn your cocktail dreams into a reality. Super simple and the flavors that come with pineapple orange coconut rum recipes will give you a new release of life. Well bring you through the best combination of what to mix with coconut rum to yield the best taste.
Pour equal measure of the orange & pineapple juice to a glass of your choosing. Then to turn it into the ultimate cocktail, add the coconut rum. Once this has all be combined and mixed, you can sit back, put your feet up and enjoy your drink alone or with company.
Make sure you stir the ingredients really well and add ice for that refreshing vibrant taste.
Also Check: Don Julio 1942 Owner
What Fruits Can Be Mixed With Pineapple
. In respect to this, what flavors go well with pineapple?
Pineapple pairs well with banana, basil, caramel, chile pepper, cilantro, cinnamon, coconut, ginger, lime, macadamia, mango, orange, pepper, raspberry, rosemary, strawberry, tamarind, and other tropical fruits. There are a variety of pineapple cocktails and it tends to work best with brandy, orange liqueurs, and rum.
Beside above, what goes well with fresh pineapple? The tangy, sweet taste of pineapple goes well with most other fruits. Combine chunks of pineapple with pieces of watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, grapes, strawberries and other fruits to create a tropical fruit salad.
Then, what fruits mix well together?
Not all fruits play well together. Acid fruits like grapefruit and other citrus, pineapples, pomegranates, sour apples and plums, strawberries and tomatoes dont pair well with sweet fruits like grapes, bananas, persimmon, figs, prunes, and dates.
What should you not eat with pineapple?
Those taking antibiotics, anticoagulants, blood thinners, anticonvulsants, barbiturates, benzodiazepines, insomnia drugs and tricyclic antidepressants should be careful not to eat too much pineapple.
You May Like: Who Is The Owner Of Don Julio Tequila
How To Make This Pineapple Rum Cocktail
This pineapple rum cocktail is like a cross between a mojito and a Hemingway daiquiri. The elements of a mojito? Youll muddle fresh mint to infuse fresh flavor into the entire drink. Other than that, its as easy as shaking it up in a cocktail shaker. Heres what to do:
- Muddle the mint with sugar and lime wedges in a cocktail shaker. Muddle simply means to gently mash. Mashing the mint leaves releases their oils and adds a mint perfume to the drink. If you dont have a muddler, you can use a wooden spoon. See more at How to Muddle Mint.
- Add pineapple, rum, and Maraschino and shake. Add a good handful of ice, then shake the drink until cold. Strain it into a glass.
- Shake with bitters . Adding a few shakes of cocktail bitters adds nuance and intrigue to the flavors. This is especially important if youre using white rum.
Thats it! We hope you love our pineapple rum cocktail, aka the Cuba Connection!
How To Freeze Pineapple
For this recipe, I bought a 16 ounce bag of Dole Pineapple Chunks in the freezer aisle, which makes exactly two drinks. If you cant find frozen pineapple, you can prep your own the day before.
Slice your pineapple into chunks and spread onto a parchment/wax paper lined cookie sheet. Freeze for a few hours or overnight, then store them in a freezer bag until ready to use.
Read Also: Is Rain Vodka Gluten Free
Pineapple Coconut Mai Tais
Simple, five-ingredient Pineapple Coconut Mai Tais are tropical, refreshing, and delicious. These Mai Tais are fruity without being too sweet.
Okay, guys, dont be mad at me for what Im about to say
But Im going to Maui in two weeks! Eeeeee.
Ive never been to Maui before, and I am very, very excited. Ive been to Oahu a few times when my dad was stationed there . I will be working in Maui, collaborating with a fantastic resort and one of my favorite charitable organizations . I will also be visiting restaurants and local activities, working on a Maui Travel Guide post that I am excited to share with you guys.
If you want to follow along with me on my trip, follow me on because I will be sharing lots of photos and stories.
My upcoming trip has me reliving memories of visiting Oahu and my time there.
The salty water, white sand, nights at the pool, incredibly fresh seafood, stunning sunsets, and Mai Tais.
So. Many. Mai Tais.
I love me a good Mai Tai.
The Mai Tai is a quintessential tropical drink. Its made with rum, lime, orange liqueur, and almond syrup.
Theres a lot of different versions of the drink, and you wont find it made the same way. But you will find it everywhere in Hawaii.
The drink is commonly the first drink offered to you when you arrive at a luau. Its always on Happy Hour and cocktail menus. And dive bars and high-end restaurants alike offer it.
If you want to try a classic version, I like this one from Epicurious.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake Faqs
Do I need to refrigerate a pineapple upside down cake?
To keep this pineapple upside down rum cake fresh, keep it covered in the fridge for up to 3 days.
How do you keep pineapple upside down cake from sticking to the pan?
Butter, butter, butter. Seriously, youll want to make sure you coat the entire pan in melted butter and brown sugar. Otherwise, youll have a hot mess on your hands.
Can you freeze pineapple upside down cake?
Yes, you can totally freeze a pineapple upside down cake as long as you wait for the cake to fully cool before popping it in the freezer. Youll want to thaw and eat it within 3 months for the best taste.
Read Also: What Can I Mix With Tito’s Vodka
How To Make Pineapple Upside Down Rum Cake
Place the drained pineapple rings in a shallow dish and cover with rum. Let it soak overnight or at least for a couple of hours so it can soak up the flavor.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees or per your box cake mix instructions.
Prepare your cake mix per package instructions, using the reserved pineapple juice instead of a portion of the water needed.
Melt the butter in a 13×9 baking dish. Be sure to get it everywhere so your cake wont stick when you flip it upside down.
Next, sprinkle brown sugar evenly over the melted butter. This is to help caramelize the pineapple and give it a nice browned look.
Evenly space the pineapple rings on top the brown sugar. Remember this will be the top of your cake, so youll want it to look nice.
Sprinkle on the pineapple tidbits to fill in any empty spots.
Now, pour the prepared cake batter on top of the pineapple rings and tidbits.
Bake per box mix directions or until a toothpick comes clean from the center of the cake.
After you take it out of the oven, immediately run a knife along the sides of the pan and let it cool for 5 minutes.
Turn the cake upside down onto a heat safe plate.
Serve this pineapple upside down rum cake warm and enjoy!
More Pineapple Cocktails To Try:
- Pineapple Margaritas are one of my favorite big batch cocktails. This is my go- to cocktail for any get together.
- Easy Pineapple Wine Punch is beyond simple with just 4 ingredients. This is another big batch party drink that everyone loves.
- Piña Colada Wine Punch is a tropical favorite. Made with moscato wine, pineapple juice and coconut. So fun for parties.
- Pineapple Fuzzy Navel Cocktail has just 3 ingredients and is so quick and easy! Perfect for any occasion!
- Pineapple Screwdriver is a simple vodka cocktail for parties and get togethers with friends. Easy to mix by the glass or pitcher.
- If you are having kids at the party or would like to offer an non-alcoholic party punch, this Easy Party Punch is crazy good!
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Dont Miss: What Is The Most Expensive Patron Tequila
You May Like: Jim Beam Honey Tea Recipes