More Good Whiskey Drinks
Looking for more drink ideas? Check out some of our favorites!
- Add a unique twist to your cocktails with this Whiskey Sour recipe made with meyer lemons or a colorful, holiday spin with this Cranberry Whiskey Sour recipe.
- Never tried Aperol before? If you’re a whiskey fan, you’ll love these Bourbon and Aperol Cocktails.
- Or maybe a lighter drink is more your speed? A splash of bourbon gives these Elderflower Cocktails a delicious kick!
- Maple syrup gives a classic drink a new flavor in this Maple Old Fashioned recipe.
- This Gold Rush Cocktail – with bourbon, ginger liqueur and lemon juice – is the perfect drink for a chilly evening.
- You can never go wrong with a classic Whiskey Smash.
- We love to serve these Bourbon and Apple Cider Drinks during the fall and holidays.
- Don’t skip our archives! There you’ll find 10+ recipes for our favorite whiskey drinks.
Can You Use Ginger Beer In A Whiskey Ginger
Can you pair whiskey and ginger beer? Absolutely, though it has a much different flavor profile! Using ginger beer makes it essentially a Kentucky Mule or Irish Mule, which add lime juice. Head over for those recipes!
Whats the difference of ginger beer vs ginger ale? Ginger beer has a very strong, spicy ginger flavor and big bubbles, whereas ginger ale is more subtle and sweet with less carbonation. Ginger beer competes with the flavor of the liquor, whereas ginger ale complements it. You get two very different drinks!
Jameson Irish Whisky And Ginger Ale
This is the best combination of cocktails. It is smoother, has vanilla notes, and is mixed with ginger ale it is one of a kind drink. Sip it and feel on top of the world.
Recommended Reading: 150 Proof Tequila
Is Crown Royal Considered Good Whiskey
Overall, Crown Royal is a classic Canadian whisky and comes highly recommended to anyone looking for a smooth, classic Canadian whisky. This is a whiskey that is perfect for cocktails and can be used in all of those whiskey recipes that do not specify a certain style of whiskey.
Editors. 10 Last Updated. 51 days ago Authors. 8
Apple Cider And Whiskey
Apple cider is a fantastic mixer for bourbon whiskey as it adds plenty of acidity, tartness, and freshness to a drink.
The zesty flavor of apple cider complements the vanilla and caramel flavors in the whiskey beautifully.
While apple cider and whiskey is usually consumed on ice, it can also be heated, which makes for a very comforting drink in the cooler months.
To make apple cider with whiskey:
Also Check: What Can You Mix With Tito’s Vodka
Is Whiskey Sour A Girl Drink
The name alone takes the cake for ranking among the top manly drinks. A concoction of whiskey and lemon and maybe sugar for the beginners. Not the biggest and baddest of drinks for men, but this can be a refreshing for the summer that is sure to add some bass to your tone when you order the next round.
Is Schweppes Ginger Ale Good For You
Despite the health benefits of ginger, ginger ale still falls into the category of soft drinks or sodas, so its not a health food. If you choose to consume ginger ale, its best to do so in moderation as part of an overall healthy diet. Many commercial ginger ale drinks use artificial ginger flavoring.
You May Like: What Is Good To Mix With Tequila Gold
Does Coke Go Well With Whiskey
The Jack and Coke is popular because it just works. It tastes great, its bubbly and refreshing, and its easy to make. Its a hit with young drinkers because the taste of the whiskey gets diluted in ten ounces of cola. This cocktail gives you the alcoholic kick without an overwhelming amount of the whiskey flavor.
Ginger Ale And Whiskey: The Best Whiskey Ginger Recipe
- o acids
- Using whiskey and ginger ale was not a combination I had thought of, but it sure works. I prefer the kick of whiskey and the ginger ale is a great complement. I look forward to offering to my mule friends as something new and different. Reply. Nancy says. March 24, 2019 at 6:05 pm
- Need a great Irish cocktail for St. Patrickâs Day? Iâm sharing how I make Jameson & Ginger Ale with Lime â an incredibly easy-to-make Irish whiskey drink. Yo..
- A delicious recipe for Jack and Ginger, with Jack DanielâsÂ® Tennessee whiskey and ginger ale. Also lists similar drink recipes
- Ginger ale goes good with Canadian whiskey, Bourbon, Whiskey, Whisky and even some kinds of rum. Of course, it depends on having good ginger ale. Thatâs my personal recipe and many people may want to increase the Smirnoff ratio. Iâm not a big fan of the alcohol burn so I tend to go a bit easy on the spirits
You May Like: Low Purine Alcoholic Drinks
Easy Whiskey And Ginger Ale Cocktail Drink Recipe
Looking to learn how to make the best quick & easy Whiskey and Ginger Ale?
Our easy homemade Ginger Whiskey Cocktail is the perfect refreshing drink to enjoy on a hot summer day when you have a few cans of Ginger Ale keeping cold in the fridge.
Our Whiskey and Ginger Ale recipe features premium whiskey, ginger ale, ginger bitters, crystalized ginger and lime.
Whiskey Makers Tour In Dublin Ireland
We tasted several different varieties of Jameson whisky and believe it or not, my favorite was the original. Im much more likely to mix whisky with something else in a drink, than I am likely to sip it on its own.
Jameson original is perfect for mixing and for sipping, making it perfect for Sean and I both. If youre new to Jameson, simply mixing it with ginger ale is a terrific place to start.
At the end of our whiskey mixing and tour of the old distillery, we headed for the bar to try a Jameson cocktail. I opted for the classic Jameson & Ginger Ale and it was delicious!
Its hard to believe that it has taken me nearly three years to get this posted here! Im super happy to finally be sharing this drink with you!
True story, I thought I shared this right after we got back home. I remembered writing it and making the cocktails too.
I was trying to find the post on the website a while back and realized it was still sitting unpublished in my drafts folder.
Id written it all up while we were in Ireland and then the sunshine didnt cooperate and I never took photos of the drink.
Well, my forgetfulness is todays reward, because I very happily mixed up a couple of drinks, snapped a photo, and shared a drink with Sean after a long day outside last week.
Read Also: Proof Of Bacardi
What To Mix With Whiskey
Wondering what to mix with whiskey? You are in luck! Whiskey is one incredible base for mixed drinks and cocktails. Let me share some ideas below, on how you can use your whiskey as the base to a cocktail.
- Lemon or Lime Juice will help bring the woodiness out of the whiskey.
- or Lemon Lime Soda of course! I couldnt miss including this in the list.
- Lemonade is a wonderful base, might sound weird but trust me!
- offers a nice fizz and bubble without changing the flavor too much.
- Apple Cider is a great base for fall and winter months where you want a warmer drink.
- for a kickstart of caffeine mixed with your whiskey.
How Strong Is The Irish Ale
As is the case with many highball drinks, the Irish ale is a relatively tame cocktail. Though it uses a 2-ounce shot of whiskey, the ginger beer and a full glass of ice make up most of the volume, bringing it down to a smooth sipping strength. When made with an 80-proof Irish whiskey, the Irish ale weighs in right around 13 percent ABV , which is similar to a glass of wine.
Also Check: How Do You Make Gin
Don’t Miss: Carb Content Of Vodka
Easy Whiskey Ginger Cocktail
This refreshing, 3-ingredient Whiskey Ginger Cocktail is one of the easiest & best whiskey drinks to make at home.
This 3-ingredient cocktail goes by a slew of names, but I think we can all agree that the combination of whiskey, ginger ale and fresh lime juice makes this easy Whiskey Ginger drink one refreshing libation!
This recipe is also available as a Web Story ? Whiskey Ginger Drink
Recommended Reading: Is Jim Beam Good Whiskey
What Whiskey Is Smoothest
What are the Smoothest Whiskeys?
- Scotch Whisky. Laphroaig 10 Year Old is considered by many to be Best Single Malt Whisky in the World. It has a smokey-smooth taste, without being too overpowering.
- American Bourbon Whiskey. American Bourbon is not as simple as you might think.
- Canadian Whisky.
- Irish Whiskey.
You May Like: What Does Vodka Taste Good With
Why Is It Called A Highball
Cocktail origin stories are sometimes difficult to sort out, and the highball falls into that category. The drink emerged in the late 1890s, and several sources indicate that bartenders in England called whiskey drinks “balls,” and tall or “high” glasses were used for such drinks. Another theory says the name comes from a 19th-century railroad signal. When the ball was high or raised on the signal post, the train could pass through without stopping. In “The Joy of Mixology,” Gary Regan writes that the drink mimics the train signal that it was time to go: two short whistles followed by one long one, as the drink consists of 2 ounces of whiskey and a long pour of ginger ale or soda.
What Else Can You Mix With Fireball
Here are a few more mixers to make 2-ingredient Fireball cocktails.
- Pepsi or Coke
- Ginger Beer
More super easy cocktail recipes
- A Corpse Reviver No. 2 is a gin-based cocktail that is super refreshing and one that you may have never heard of before.
- A Strawberry Mint Moscow Mule is fruity and easy to make even when you have strawberries that dont look their best.
- This Spiced Winter Daiquiri is one you need to try! With a hint of vanilla and some fresh lime, this delicious spiced rum cocktail needs to be tried!
Also Check: How Is Non Alcoholic Whiskey Made
You May Like: Is Member’s Mark Vodka Grey Goose
What Kind Of Alcohol Is Jagermeister
Jagermeister is a digestif liqueur originating in Germany and is a product of the Mast-JÃ¤germeister SE. It is made from 56 different herbs, roots, blossoms and spices that are gathered from different parts of the world, like santal from eastern India, bitter orange skins from Australia, cinnamon-bark from Ceylon, ginger roots from southern Asia, and so on. It is a popular choice of drink among alcohol lovers and is used in many drinks and mixes, especially alcohol shots.
Top 10 Jagermeister Drinks with Recipes
Grumpy Old Man Drink Recipe
We may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. Read our disclaimer.
Im not sure why this cocktail got named the Grumpy Old Man. It doesnt seem fair, since its absolutely charming and thats one thing grumpy old men are not.
In my experience, grumpy old men are bitter old sour pusses, and theres nothing sour or bitter about this drink. Maybe its the cure for being a grump? That could be.
This drink adds a healthy portion of bourbon to a glass of ginger ale and lime juice. It tastes wonderful, especially with a spicier ginger ale such as Vernors .
If Vernors is too spicy for you, Canada Dry has a nice, mild flavor. More like a traditional ginger ale.
I think of this one as an alternative to the Moscow Mule. The Mule has vodka instead of bourbon, and ginger beer instead of ginger ale.
But both drinks have the flavors of ginger and lime. This one, of course, adds all the notes of whatever bourbon you use.
This is such a great drink for bourbon lovers. All the flavors in it are so well-balanced that you can still taste the bourbon, but its not overwhelmingly dominant.
If you dont have a go-to bourbon for cocktails, here are some suggestions. Makers Mark gives you a nice, smooth flavor. Jim Beam Kentucky Straight works well too, and offers a little more punch.
This is a drink that was made for unwinding at the end of a stressful day. Two ounces of bourbon relaxes away a lot of tension, while ginger ale and lime refresh you.
Read Also: How Many Carbs In Jim Beam Apple
You Can Really Never Go Wrong With Irish Whiskey Especially When Mixed With Ginger Beer And Lime Juice
The Irish Mule is really just a twist on the Moscow Mule, but it replaces the vodka with whiskey. The traditional copper Moscow Mule mug works equally well with this drink, keeping the drink refreshingly cold and also making you feel extra fancy while drinking out of it. Fancy drinking vessel wins over non fancy drinking vessel almost every time.
This drink is a snap to mix up, and before you know it you can be drinking this while eating corned beef and cabbage and singing along to Danny Boy. I prefer ginger beer to ginger ale, as it has a stronger ginger taste. I love Bundaberg but feel free to use your favorite brand. Reeds is also good, and Trader Joes carries a great ginger beer as well. Add some fresh squeezed lime juice, whiskey and a sprig of mint , and you have yourself the tastiest drink to toast the old country with.
How are you planning on celebrating St. Paddys day?
For A Spicy Whiskey Ginger: Ragtime Rye
This old-school New York rye, made in Brooklyn, is boldly spicy and designed to be mixed into cocktails. Its spicy, piquant flavors nod to the ginger ale and then burst through on your palate. This is a cocktail for people who really want to taste the whiskey in their Whiskey Ginger. If you want, swap out the ginger ale for a ginger beer, whose spicy flavor will match that of the whiskey.
Read Also: Who Sells Rum Raisin Ice Cream
The Best Whiskey For A Whiskey Ginger
You can use any type of whiskey in your Whiskey Ginger: youll get a different drink with each variety! Here are the major types of whiskey and how the flavors change the drink, listed in order of our preference:
- Rye: The most common choice for a Whiskey Ginger! The spicy and peppery notes of rye are a good complement to the subtle sweetness of ginger ale.
- Bourbon: Bourbon has a sweeter flavor than other styles of whiskey, with notes of vanilla, oak and caramel.
- Irish: Irish whiskey is a great choice! Its light and fruity, with a subtle floral scent and hints of nutty and vanilla tones.
- Scotch: Scotch also works! Blended Scotch is malty and buttery, with a spicy finish. Single malt Scotch tastes oaky and woody, with signature peaty and smoky notes. You could also use a good Japanese whisky as well.
More great whiskey mixers? Go to What to Mix with Whiskey.
Jameson & Ginger Ale ~ A Smooth And Bubbly Grown
Just popping in for a quick post today! I dont often share these kind of recipes, mostly because we dont drink often But when I do, Jameson is my liquor of choice. Its a crazy smooth, balanced whiskey without any funny, lingering aftertaste.
On our last two adventures in Ireland, we toured the Jameson Distillery in Dublin. At the end of the tour, the Jameson staff with the group. All the grownups can either sample Jameson straight up, on ice, or with ginger ale and lime as I have served it here. This is a refreshing, bright and delicious way to enjoy whiskey and perhaps a great way to celebrate St. Patricks Day!
Recommended Reading: Why Is Don Julio So Expensive
Does Jack Daniels Go With Ginger Ale
For many, the go-to will always be Jack Daniels and ginger ale the pleasingly alliterative Jack and ginger which is a snap to make and still delicious after all these years. Theres no reason to write off a drink as too simple or sophomoric if it tastes good, it is good. Updated Whiskey-Ginger Highball.
Which Whiskeys Work Well With Ginger Beer
In most cases, top-shelf single malt Scotch whiskeys and rare bourbon whiskeys are beer enjoyed straight. These whiskeys are prized for their unique characteristics and flavor profiles, so adding a mixer wont dramatically improve the quality of your drink.
A better option would a clean Irish whiskey, middle/bottom shelf bourbon whiskey, or blended grain whiskey. But as always, feel free to experiment to see how different whiskeys taste with different ginger beers. You might be surprised by how much ginger beer can transform the flavor of a whiskey.
Read Also: Bacardi 151 Discontinued