What Youll Need To Make A Mojito Pitcher
The Speckled Palate participates in affiliate programs. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases. Please refer to my disclosure page for more information about these affiliate programs.
In addition to these tools, youll need just five ingredients to make this mojito pitcher recipe. You might have some of em on hand already, too:
- Fresh mintyoure going to need lots and lots and lots of this, so I hope the mint plant currently taking over your garden is ready to rock and roll
- White rumwhile a spiced rum or a dark rum would also be delicious in this pitcher drink, mojitos are traditionally made with white rum
- Limes or freshly squeezed lime juiceI purchase the squeezed kind from the refrigerated section at the grocery store. Its with the pre-chopped fruit and is worth the splurge. However, you can purchase limes and squeeze em yourself.
- Simple syrupyou can make it at home or you can purchase it from the store or online.
Also Check: How Many Calories In An Ounce Of Scotch Whiskey
Strawberry Mojito Pitcher Recipe
If you’re looking to make this for a crowd, here’s how you would transfer this recipe. These measurements are based on a 64 oz. pitcher, therefore it would make around 8 cocktails.
How To Make Pineapple Mojitos:
It’s easy! With only a handful of steps, these come together in no time!
- Add the lime juice, some pineapple, mint, and simple syrup to the cup. Mash with a muddler or back of a wooden spoon to combine/release flavors of the ingredients.
- Add ice, then top with rum and club soda. Stir gently to combine the flavors! Enjoy!
No Simple Syrup? No problem! It’s a SUPER simple recipe!
Don’t Miss: How Much Does Skrewball Whiskey Cost
What Other Types Of Alcohol Work
I would only use clear types of alcohol for this recipe. The flavors are very light and delicate so we want to make sure they dont get overpowered by a strong tasting alcohol. You can use vodka, gin, or cachaca instead of rum.
Dont want any alcohol in your mojito at all? Thats okay! You can make virgin mojitos as well and they will taste great.
The Ratio For Simple Syrup
Traditional simple syrup is made from one part water to one part sugar . White granulated sugar is the standard sweetener, but once youve mastered that basic base, feel free to experiment with other sugars, keeping the ratio the same.
Rich simple syrup: One common simple syrup variation is rich simple syrup. Instead of the traditional one part sugar to one part water, it calls for two parts sugar to one part water . The process of making it is exactly the same. Many bartenders and home cocktail enthusiasts prefer to use rich simple syrup because of the rich syrups thicker texture. It can add a little more body and mouthfeel to your cocktails.
Read Also: What Is The Most Expensive Don Julio Tequila
How To Make Simple Syrup:
- You can make a basic simple syrup using 1:1 ration of water to sugar.
- Try my popular mint simple syrup, which is PERFECT for mojitos!
- Boil the water/sugar mixture in a small sauce pot, then let it simmer for about 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Use it in mojito and other cocktail recipes!
- Store simple syrup in a container and refrigerate. You may notice sugar crystals forming at the bottom of the container after some time, just heat it up and stir it to dissolve.
What Kind Of Mint To Use
You can use any kind of fresh mint for this simple syrup. Spearmint is the most popular mint for culinary and mixology use, though peppermint works well, too. There are lots of varieties of each, but any should be fine.
There’s also a mint called “mojito mint” that is obviously the perfect choice for your cocktail needs!
I’ve even made a chocolate mint simple syrup, which can be a unique and delicious ingredient in all kinds of cocktail recipes!
You could also try one of the unique varieties, like orange mint or lavender mint
Don’t Miss: Where Is Captain Morgan Rum Made
Pretty Ways To Garnish This Mojito Mocktail Recipe:
I love to make things look pretty, and easy mocktail recipes like this make it super simple and fun! Here are a few ways to garnish a virgin mojito :
- Sprigs Of Fresh Mint. Since you strain the mint out while making the mint simple syrup, adding a few leaves or a sprig or two of fresh mint to your pitcher or glass can add a beautiful pop of color and instantly call to mind the subtle mint notes of this drink.
- Lime Slices Or Lime Wedges. Similarly, I love adding a lime wedge or a few lime slices to the glasses or pitcher to mimic the flavors in the drink. Pretty, simple & elegant! You can also use lime wheels on the side of the glasses for a fun effect. Just cut a small slit to the center so you can slip it onto the glass
- A Sugared Rim. While they arent super popular on a classic mojito, sugared rims can be a fun way to dress up a glass of this mint limeade! Run a lime wedge around the rim of your glass them dip it in sugar to create a lime sugar rim.
- Edible Flowers. Certainly not super traditional, but edible flowers can add such beautiful color to a pitcher or glass!
- Pretty Ice Cubes. Or, freeze flowers, lime wedges, mint leaves, or fresh fruit into ice cubes for a beautiful effect!
Dont Miss: Where Can I Buy Rum Raisin Ice Cream
So Here Are The Details
Mojitos are simple, even when strawberries are added. Make the lime sugar first, its literally just sugar and lime zest. So simple, but the sugared rim adds a sweet, sparkly touch to your glasses.
Next, make the mojito! Muddled limes with fresh strawberries and lots of mint. Shake everything up with some white rum and strain it into your glass.
I always add crushed ice and additional mint. Then top off each mojito with ginger beer for a spicy, ginger kick.
Perfection in its sweetest form!
Looking for other summer drinks? Try these.
Dont Miss: Where Is Bombay Gin Made
Read Also: What Goes With Vanilla Vodka
How To Make Simple Syrup For Mojitos 6 Easy Steps
Whether making mojitos for a party or just mixing up a drink for yourself, simple syrup is a must. This easy-to-make syrup takes just minutes to put together and adds sweetness and flavor to any drink.
Plus, its perfect for cocktails with lots of fresh fruit. Mojitos are a favorite summer drink, but they can be expensive to buy pre-made at the store.
To keep your mojitos tasty all summer long, heres how to make simple syrup without breaking the bank. This recipe is easy to follow and only requires a few ingredients that you likely already have in your kitchen.
So next time youre craving a mojito, dont reach for your wallet grab a muddler and get started!
Tips For Making The Best Homemade Mojito
Stamp and twist when it comes to muddling. Fresh herbs are very delicate and to avoid them turning bitter, you don’t want to pound down when muddling. You want to press down and twist to get the most flavor out.
Use fresh strawberries, mint and lime. Truly nothing beats the flavor of fresh produce, to get the best homemade strawberry mint mojito recipe, I recommend using fresh ingredients.
Recommended Reading: What Do Whiskey Glasses Look Like
Free Guide Get 14 Recipes You Can Make From Your Pantry
A refreshing mix of lime and mint, this Virgin Mojito Recipe will be your new favorite drink! This non-alcoholic mojito recipe will be a hit with kids and adults alike. There is so much flavor from the healthy ingredients in this mojito virgin mocktail and theyre super easy to make for a crowd.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Just a few simple ingredients come together to make this mojito mocktail an incredibly refreshing drink. Perfect for adults and kids alike, this is guaranteed to be your new favorite drink.
Mint Simple Syrup Recipe
You can use simple syrup to infuse flavor into your favorite drinks as well as sweetness.
But simple syrup infused with fresh mint? It brings the bright taste of springtime into the mix.
This recipe takes regular simple syrup and infuses it with a hint of mint, similar to how my cinnamon simple syrup infuses with real cinnamon sticks.
Like the name implies, minty simple syrup is easy to make all you need is as many cups of sugar as you use water.
Also Check: How Many Calories In Bombay Gin
Recommended Reading: How Much Is Gentleman Jack Whiskey
But First What Is A Mojito
A mojito is a traditional Cuban cocktail. With unclear origins, it was made popular thanks to no other than Ernest Hemingway due to his time in Cuba.
It consists of just five ingredients: white rum, sugar, lime juice, club soda, and mint. It has an incredible and very refreshing mix of flavors, from sweet to citrusy to minty.
Be mindful when you drink mojitos since they are so delicious and so easy to drink the whole glass without even breathing.
How Do You Muddle A Mojito Without A Muddler
A muddler is a valuable tool for cocktails and an inexpensive investment if you like mojitos, old-fashioneds, and other muddled cocktails. If you dont have one, look around your kitchen for a blunt, long-handled object. A wooden spoon is one of the best options, and a standard spoon or fork will work in a pinch. Other options include a pestle, tamper, meat tenderizer, or French-style rolling pin. You may need to press the fruit and herbs into the side of the glass, rather than the bottom. If muddling in a tall glass is a challenge, do it in a small bowl, then transfer the mix to the glass.
To make a strawberry mojito mocktail, eliminate the rum.
Then you have a few options:
- You can mix the rest of the drink exactly as it is in the recipe, including the sugar.
- To make it sweeter, replace the club soda with 7-Up or Sprite. The added sugar is not needed in this case.
- For a semi-sweet version, use half club soda and half 7-Up. Extra sugar is probably not needed but taste it to see what you like.
You May Like: How To Make Ginger Beer
What Is Simple Syrup
These fresh strawberry cocktails are made with homemade simple syrup. While you can easily purchase a mix at a liquor store or the grocery store, do yourself a favor and make some of this.
Simple syrup is basically a thick water and sugar syrup used in a variety of cocktails. The mixture is boiled and your simple syrup is ready.
How To Make A Mojito Recipe With Simple Syrup
STEP 1: Add 5-7 mint leaves to the bottom of the glass.
STEP 2: Add plain Simple Sugar.
STEP 3: Muddle mint leaves and the simple sugar together for approximately 1 minute. This will release the mint oil from the leaves.
TIP: If you dont have a Muddler, you can use the handle of a wooden spoon in a pinch. This will take a little longer because its smaller than using a good Muddler.
STEP 4: Add Light Rum and freshly squeezed lime juice. Stir.
STEP 5: Fill your cocktail glass with ice cubes.
STEP 6: Slide 2-3 lime wheels or small lime slices down the side of the glass, letting the ice hold them in place.
STEP 7: Top with club soda or a lime tonic.
STEP 8: Garnish with a sprig of mint and lime wheel.
Also Check: What Is Whiskey Sour Mix Made Of
You May Like: What Do They Make Tequila Out Of
More About Mojito Recipe Pitcher Simple Syrup
HOW TO MAKE A MOJITO PITCHER
- Top with the club soda, and serve immediately with wheels of lime and additional sprigs of mint.
MOJITO PITCHER RECIPE
- In a small saucepan set over medium-high heat, bring sugar, water and mint leaves to simmer . Stir until the sugar dissolves and then simmer 3 more minutes, without stirring. Pour the simple syrup over a mesh strainer set over a larger bowl. Set the simple syrup in the fridge to cool, about 30 minutes.
- Once the simple syrup has cooled, pour it into a large pitcher and add the rum and lime juice. Stir and chill at least 1 hour or up to 3 days.
THE PERFECT MOJITO BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
- Combine the mint and the lime juice in a small pitcher. Use a muddler to crush the mint in the lime juice, this should take a minute or two. Add the simple syrup and rum to the pitcher. Fill the pitcher about 2/3 of the way to the top with ice and stir well to mix and chill.
- Fill individual glasses halfway with ice, then 2/3 of the way full with the mojito mixture, then top each glass with club soda. Enjoy!
THE BEST MOJITO RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE MOJITOS (SINGLE OR
PERFECT MOJITO A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
MOJITO PITCHER RECIPE SOUTHERN LIVING
MOJITOS BY THE PITCHER | CDKITCHEN.COM
FromTotal TimeServingsCaloriesFromTotal TimeCategoryFrom
The Easiest Way To Make Simple Syrup
Making simple syrup is just as easy as its title implies, but if you aren’t someone who keeps a lot of it on-hand, then it’s best for you to make a very small batch so that none of it goes to waste. This tiny batch of simple syrup will work perfectly for these Mojito recipes, and if you’re feeling adventurous and want to try flavoring your simple syrup, you can follow this helpful guide.
Recommended Reading: What Tequila To Use For Margaritas
Sipping A Tall Mojito Cocktail Is An Easy Way To Beat The Heat
The best Mojito recipe originated at a famous hotel bar in Havana, Cuba where they certainly know how to cool off. And while the mint Mojito drink is certainly one of Cuba’s most famous creations, other great cocktails originated there, including the Cuba Libre and the Daquiri.
The island of Cuba is known for its hot, humid, tropical weather. James Bond can seen sipping a Mojito beachside in the movie Die Another Day. After all, what better way to escape the heat than a cocktail made from local ingredients such as sugar cane, rum, and lime?
How To Make A Big Batch
Unfortunately, I havent found a good way to make mojitos in a pitcher. The flavors just dont come out as well. And I always end up putting more mint and lime juice in each glass which kind of defeats the purpose of making it in a pitcher.
So to make a big batch of mojitos, I get out a bunch of glasses and pre-make the initial part of the drink.
In each glass:
- Muddle the mint, lime juice, strawberries and sugar
- Add the rum. If youre going to be making some with alcohol and some without, you can do this at serving time.
I do this about an hour before people are arriving and then put all the glasses out on the bar.
When its time to serve, all you have to do is fill the glass up with ice and pour in the club soda. Or you can make it a self-serve bar and have everyone make their own.
Read Also: What Is Vodka And Iced Tea Called
How To Use Mint Simple Syrup
- A major reason to whip up a batch of mint syrup is to add it to mint julep cocktails. The syrup adds an extra layer of mint flavor while sweetening this famously boozy concoction. This removes the need for plain sugar, ensuring that all of the sweetness doesn’t settle to the bottom of the glass, requiring lots of stirring.
- Mint syrup is also handy for making mocktails or “kids’ cocktails” for festive occasions and partiessimply add some to taste to sparkling water and garnish with a mint leaf.
- Mint syrup is also useful for sweetening and adding flavor to beverages of all sorts. It will doll up humble lemonade, perk up herbal tea, and add zing to fruit punches.
- Beyond drinks, drizzle mint syrup over grilled fruit to transform it into more of a dessert. Mint syrup is also tasty over ice cream or frozen yogurt, as well as on a simple piece of not-too-sweet cake.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- Mojitos are a perfect warm-weather cocktail! Theyre crisp, refreshing, and amazingly light. Club soda makes them a little fizzy and cuts the alcohol content a little.
- This batch recipe lets you skip the hassle of mixing one drink at a time. Depending on the size of your pitcher and the amount of ice and club soda you use, you can mix up 4-6 mojitos at a time.
- This mojito pitcher recipe is super easy to make non-alcoholic! All you have to do is leave out the rum and use more club soda .
- You can mix up this mojito pitcher recipe up to 3 days before your party. Follow the recipe as instructed, but leave the ice and club soda out until youre ready to serve them. Keep the pitcher in the refrigerator in the meantime.
Recommended Reading: Are There Carbs In Tito’s Vodka