The Perfect Taste Of Summer With The Malibu Vodka Cocktail
With lockdown and social distancing still going on and holidays and travel looking a bit more anxiety driven right now, I have created this recipe to act as the stand in between home and holiday. I can imagine drinking this on a beautiful beach with the feet on the sand and the waves washing over them. Id love a holiday about now!
What Type Of Vodka Should I Buy
Now when it comes to vodka I have about four favorites and I think you may have your own too. The prices really vary on vodkas but you can get some really good ones at affordable prices so just buy what you like.
Especially when you’re mixing a drink you don’t need to spend a lot of money on the very best.
These 4 Simple Vodka Drinks Are Made With Just 2 Ingredients Each Everyone Needs These Easy Mixed Drinks With Vodka In Their Back Pockets For The Next Gathering
Be sure to bookmark this recipe in your browser so you can have it available whenever the craving hits!
Its here. The kick-off to summer.
Ill be honest I wasnt sure wed ever get here. The winter was cold and long here in Utah. In fact, it snowed just last week.
But as a long-time Utahn, I cant say Im surprised. Utah always has one last wintery hurrah before hitting us hard with the hot-as-hell temps.
And were honestly already there.
If I was uncomfortable last week with the snow, Im even MORE uncomfortable this week with the heat. I just cant do it. The extreme temps make me miserable.
But, I do have a solution
Yup, call me a lush, but it does have to do heavily with cocktails and other deliciously cold easy vodka drinks. Theyre exactly what Im looking for when it comes to the heat. Anything to cool me down!
Thing is, Im lazy and cheap frugal.
I dont wanna go crazy with all the ingredients and recipes when it comes to making a cocktail. Give me a couple ingredients that I probably already have on hand, and then add some vodka.
And that is exactly what I did for you today.
I put together 4 incredibly easy mixed drinks with vodka that only take 3 ingredients, including the vodka. Chances are, you could whip up a drink within the next 30 seconds with one of these recipes!
- lemon lime soda, to top of glass
You are welcome!
Recommended Reading: Skyy Blood Orange Vodka Recipes
How To Stay Safe With Alcohol This Summer
Summer is a great time for gatherings and spending time with your favorite people. However, as we get together with friends, we tend to keep the alcohol flowing. Alcohol can dehydrate you and so can the summer sun. So, in order to drink and still have fun, here are some ways to drink safely this summer:
Ultimately, just drink responsibly and make sure you are hydrating with water as you drink.
Watermelon Vodka Cocktail With Cucumber And Basil
This watermelon vodka cocktail is the most perfect summer drink. Its filled with the flavor of ripe watermelon, cool cucumber, and an herby hint of fresh basil. Vodka adds a bite of alcohol, but the purity keeps the focus on watermelon and cucumber. Serve it icy cold with a cucumber ribbon garnish it doesnt get more refreshing!
Its important to use the sweetest watermelon you can get your hands on. The flavor of this cocktail hinges on blended watermelon, so dont waste your time with a sub-par melon. It wont be the same!
Watermelon vodka is created when the ripe, juicy taste of watermelon is distilled in crisp vodka. You can buy watermelon-flavored vodka or make your own by infusing chunks of fresh watermelon in plain vodka. Store-bought watermelon vodka tends to be sweeter than the homemade variety but either way you can use it to create delectable cocktails to cool you off in the heat of summer, or to enjoy throughout the year. The fresh watermelon flavor blends well with a variety of juices, sodas and spirits.
Recommended Reading: Good Chaser For Ciroc
What Is The Best Mixer For Vodka
Soda Water . Whether its called carbonated water, sparkling water , seltzer , or soda water , the liquid is all the same and its a perfect mixer for vodka. Tonic Water . Cranberry Juice . Lemon- Lime Soda . Lemon Juice or Lime Juice . Tomato Juice or Bloody Mary Mix. Pineapple Juice . Lemonade and Iced Tea.
Also Check: Vodka And Carbs
Vodka Watermelon Cocktail A Refreshing Cocktail Made With Only 4 Ingredients And 136 Calories A Serving
Vodka Watermelon Cocktail the perfect refreshing drink to sip on this summer! Easy, light and made with 4 ingredients youre gonna love this party cocktail! Only 136 calories a serving!
So funny, not so funny story about this cocktail.
I got the idea from a friend. She was on an all girls beach vacation with friends and told me that she made a light refreshing cocktail that was perfect for the beach. I knew I had to recreate it and share it with yall.
I know thats not funny. Its just how this recipe came into being. But heres the funny part.
You May Like: Carbs In Flavored Rum
Rinse The Glass With A Strong Flavored Spirit Or Liqueur
Take your vodka soda to the next level with a rinse of absinthe, Campari, elderflower liqueur, or allspice dram!
Any potently flavored spirit or liqueur will add another level of flavor or a subtle nuance to your vodka soda.
Simply pour a small amount of the liquid into your desired glassware , swirl to coat the inside of the glass, and then discard the fluid. Fill with ice and build the drink as usual.
I love to combine an absinthe rinse with muddled pineapple and a squeeze of lime juice. Incredible flavor without a lot of cals or carbs!
Pineapple Lime Vodka Soda with an absinthe rinse
How To Make Watermelon Puree:
I like to puree a lot of watermelon during the summer when it is plentiful, and then keep it in the freezer .
- Chop your melon into chunks and remove the rind
- If you use a super-powerful blender like a Vitamix you dont need to remove the black seeds because it all gets pureed. If you are hand mashing it or using a regular blender you should try and remove most of the seeds
- Puree on high for about 30 seconds
- Once the watermelon is pureed you can store it in small freezer bags, or in glass jars, in portions
- If you want your puree to be clear strain it through a fine sieve
There are lots of fun ways to use fruit purees, such as in daiquiris, margaritas Mojitos, martinis, and lemonade.
Donât Miss: What Proof Is Bacardi Rum
Don’t Miss: What Is Good To Mix With Jim Beam
Start With Watermelon Juice
The basis for all our watermelon drinks: watermelon juice! Its seriously easy to make: all you need is a blender and a strainer. Chop the watermelon and then whiz it up in a blender until it liquefies. Then strain it through a fine mesh strainer to remove any floaties. Youll come out with a watermelon juice thats bright pink and naturally sweet: perfect for making all the watermelon drinks!
Donât Miss: Is Van Gogh Vodka Gluten Free
Did You Make This Recipe
Tag on Instagram and hashtag it #mom4real
I hope you enjoy this Watermelon Vodka Fizz as much as I do!
If you like this cocktail, you may like these tooâ¦
They donât make a cocktail much fresher than this Raspberry Gin Fizz! Itâs so refreshing and deliciousâ¦perfect for hot summer days!
One of my absolute favorite cocktails to enjoy year round is the Raspberry Mint Mojito! The mix of fresh raspberries, mint and lime juice is out of this world!
If you are looking for a delicious Sangria recipe, then you HAVE to try this Tropical White Wine Sangria! Enjoy just one, or make it for a crowdâ¦either way, itâs sure to become a favorite!
Donât Miss: Good Things To Mix With Titos
Recommended Reading: Crown Apple Mixed Drink Recipes
Ingredients For Vodka Watermelon Cocktails:
What do you need? Not much, its simple!
- Vodka. Find a good quality vodka! I like Prairie Organic Vodka or Titos. You can also sub it with Sprite or Topo Chico to make this drink a family-friendly fun mocktail!
- Watermelon juice or chilled watermelon. There are lots of options. You can totally use fresh watermelon, which is amazing. But if you dont want the hassle of blending watermelon, these cocktails work great with store-bought watermelon juice. In my opinion, Trader Joes Sparkling Watermelon Juice is the best, but you can find Simply Watermelon Juice at pretty much any grocery store this time of year.
- Freshly squeezed lime juice. Fresh is best, but in a pinch bottled works just fine.
- Sprite or sparkling water. This is optional, but I really love for my cocktails to have a bit of fizz. If Im not using the Sparkling Watermelon Juice from Trader Joes, I like to top this drink off with Sprite or something similar.
- Fresh mint and fresh watermelon. Totally optional for garnish, but so pretty, especially if youre entertaining!
- Ice. Dont skimp on the ice! You want this drink to be plenty cold.
What To Mix With Watermelon
When making a cocktail using watermelon or watermelon juice you want to stick with neutral or citrus liquors and mixers. Watermelon is sweet and wont need any additional sweeteners. Try using vodka, white rum or gin with watermelon juice. To add citrus you can try triple sec or lime juice, or both! Play around with ratios until you find that perfect balance of sweet and sour.
Recommended Reading: Is Memberâs Mark Vodka Grey Goose
Recommended Reading: Svedka Nutrition Info
Tips For Making Punch With Vodka And Wine
Making a truly good vodka and wine punch isnt always easy, because the punch becomes weaker as the ice melts in the bowl.
- In order to offset this effect, make sure that all ingredients are extremely cold before adding them into the punch bowl.
- Sparkling or carbonated beverages are preferable in an alcoholic punch, but make sure that you add any fizzy drinks as the final ingredient.
- Finally, theres no need to spend money on expensive liquor to add to your punch bowl. When you add all the other ingredients, it truly makes no difference whether youve bought from the top shelf or the bargain bin. Your guests will get the same effect with the cheap stuff, and chances are theyll be glad that you saved the good stuff for other vodka drinks at your party.
Also Check: Can You Mix Ginger Ale And Whiskey
How Do You Add Flavor To Watermelon
Use a knife to slice a lemon or lime in half and squeeze about 1 tablespoon of juice over sliced or cubed watermelon. Some people find that a boost of acidity makes the melon taste sweeter. Try adding salt and pepper to round out the flavor. Or, if you like spicy foods, add some cayenne or hot sauce!
Don’t Miss: Crown Apple Mixed With
How To Make Watermelon Vodka Cocktails
Step 1: Blend and strain watermelon
Cut the rind off of a large watermelon and cut into cubes. Place watermelon cubes into a blender and blend until smooth.
Pour blended watermelon into a pitcher through a fine mesh strainer. Discard any of the leftover bits in the strainer. Pour the watermelon juice back into the blender.
Step 2: blend vodka into the cocktail and serve
Then, pour vodka, triple sec, lime juice and maple syrup into the blender with the watermelon juice. Blend again and pour into a pitcher to serve.
Finally, serve this watermelon drink over ice and garnish with lime juice, a wedge of watermelon and mint.
Even More Fruity Cocktail Recipes
Attention cocktail lovers! Check out the selection of cocktail recipes below and let me know what you think.
PS These sweet cocktails go down soooo easily, but make sure to drink responsibly and please be mindful of your consumption.
Thank you for reading my raspberry lemonade and vodka cocktail recipe post. And please come visit again as I continue dreaming up recipes, traditional African recipes, African fusion recipes, Sierra Leone recipes, travel plans and much more for you. Thanks for supporting Recipes from a Pantry, UK food blog.
Recommended Reading: Don Julio Grandson Tequila
Also Check: What Is Svedka
Tipsfor Watermelon Vodka Cocktail
- Make sure that all the watermelon chunks are completely covered by the vodka and simple syrup mixture. This will help to ensure that your vodka stays nice and flavorful.
- If you want a sweeter drink, add in an extra ounce or two of the simple syrup. For a tart cocktail, add in an extra squeeze of lemon or lime.
- If you want a stronger drink, add in more vodka. However, if you want it weaker, add in more club soda or sparkling water.
- Serve chilled over ice with a straw and a fresh sprig of mint.
Easy Refreshing Vodka Watermelon Cocktail
Learn how to make a refreshing watermelon cocktail using summers most popular fruit. Fresh watermelon is the key to this delicious drink.
Watermelon is one of those amazing fruits. Its a healthy snack made up of over 90% water! It fills you up without weighing you down. To me this colorful fruit tastes like summer. For this drink Im using just the juice from watermelon to create something delicious.
Don’t Miss: Mixed Drinks With Pinnacle Whipped Vodka
Tips For Making Vodka Watermelon Cocktails:
- For the absolute best flavor, I recommend using all fresh ingredients. However, Ive made these cocktails many times using store-bought watermelon juice and bottled lime juice and they still turned out delicious.
- Your vodka matters. A high-quality vodka, like Prairie Organic Vodka or Titos goes down smooth and isnt too harsh. Do yourself a favor and get some nice vodka.
Vodka And Pineapple Juice Recipe
Todays vodka and pineapple juice recipe turns some simple available ingredients into a delicious and refreshing quencher.
The classic blend of vodka and pineapple juice is used as a base while some sugar and lime juice are added to reach the perfect balance of sweet and tang flavor.
And the result is a party punch that is easy to make and surely satisfy the crowd.
You May Like: What Is The Best Gin Rummy App
Watermelon Pucker Jolly Rancher Drink
This cocktail is for anyone with a serious sweet tooth. We hope you have a tart tooth too, because this cocktail combines several ingredients to recreate the flavor of a Jolly Rancher. Add 1 ÃÂ½ ounce of Watermelon Pucker, 1 ounce of vodka, and even more acidic flavor with 1 ounce of sweet and sour mix to a cocktail shaker. Shake the watermelon schnapps, sweet and sour mix, and vodka with plenty of ice. Then, strain the liquid into a coupe glass and top up with about 2 ounces of lemon-lime soda, like Sprite or 7Up. If you want to go all out, garnish your finished cocktail with an unwrapped watermelon Jolly Rancher candy. If you wet the candy, it may stick to the glass.
alexshyripa â stock.adobe.com
How To Store & Freeze
- Storing leftovers. Any leftover watermelon juice should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator and used within 3-4 days.
- To freeze. You can also freeze this watermelon juice for 1-2 months. It will expand when frozen so be sure to store it in a container large enough to accommodate that. It can be thawed in the fridge or on the counter. Some separation is normal.
Don’t Miss: Don Ramon Tequila 3 Liter
How To Actually Pull Off A Vodka Watermelon
The Fourth of July is nearing which means is upon us. Its the season that asks, why just crack open a simple beer when you can make elaborate decorative jello shots? Why not soak gummy bears in grain alcohol until they are bloated and boozy? Why not stick a bottle of vodka into a watermelon?
That vodka watermelon trick has developed a bad reputation over the years. Mostly because it has a tendency to not work: you cut a hole, up-turn the bottle of vodka into it, and thennothing happens. The vodka and the watermelon somehow do not combine. It becomes a novelty drink fail, and you and your friends have a bottle of vodka to contend with, without the friendly addition of cubed fruit.
But do not despair, novelty drink lovers! I have taken the way-back machine to my misspent youth and brought every vodka watermelon trick in the book back with me. This novelty drink season, you will have success. You will have vodka watermelon.
Donât Miss: Is Jim Beam Good
Can I Make An Adult Version Of This Watermelon Juice
This Watermelon Juice is kid and family friendly but if youd like to spice it up for an adult summer party simply add vodka and mix it up!
You can certainly change the type of alcohol if you wish to do so, but vodka is commonly added to watermelon and works well in this recipe. A common juice to vodka ratio is 2:1, however, watermelon juice is a light flavor so you may want to start with less vodka and add more to taste.
If you want to take this up to a fancy cocktail version pour some lime juice in a shallow dish and white granulated sugar in a second shallow dish and then dip the rim of your glasses in the juice and then the sugar to create a sugar rimmed glass. Pour in the adult version of the watermelon juice and go impress your guests!
You May Like: How Many Carbs In Vodka And Club Soda