How To Make Mojito At Home:
Add 8 cups of mineral water and lime wedges with mint leaves.
Next pour mint water thru strainer into the pitcher, pressing down on the mint leaves to squeeze all of the juice thru the strainer into the pitcher. Stir and serve over glass filled with ice. Garnish with mint leaves and lime wedges. Enjoy!
Alternatives To The Blueberry Mojito Recipe
There are a few variations to this recipe that you might want to try.
First of all, if you dont like rum, you can sub make your mojito with vodka or even gin. If you want to make it with gin, you can check out my Blueberry Gin Mojito recipe.
Want to make a virgin blueberry mojito? Simply omit the alcohol and cut the sugar by a third.
If you love mojitos and want to try another pitcher recipe, check out my Strawberry Mojito Pitcher Recipe.
Unless otherwise noted, all content and images are the property of Cocktails With Class. Full posts may not be shared without express written consent. But I love when you share! Feel free to share, without altering, one image with proper credit and a link to the original post. All free printables are for personal use only.
Everyone loves proper credit- if you ever notice something improperly credited, please please shoot me an email and Ill fix it lightning fast.
Quick Tips And Tricks For Making The Best Mojitos
- Prep your ingredients before mixing the pitcher. This means juicing your limes and making simple syrup beforehand.
- Double or triple the recipe! While this Mojito Pitcher recipe makes six drinks, you might be hosting friends who want more than one drink. If so, make a second pitcher and leave out the club soda until its go time.
- Purchase good lime juice or squeeze your own. The shelf stable bottled stuff wont cut it for this Mojito Pitcher.
- Add extra mint for garnish! Not only is it beautiful, but it adds a lovely scent as you sip!
- Dont over muddle the mint. Mint is a delicate herb, and the point of muddling is to get the leaves to release their oils, which provides flavor in the mojito. If you muddle them too much, they could become bitter.
- Make the mint flavor extra strong by making mint simple syrup. To do this, follow the instructions on how to make simple syrup and throw in a bunch of mint when the sugar has dissolved. Let it steep for 30-45 minutes before straining the mint out.
Also Check: What Is Gin Distilled From
Why Youll Love This Mojito Recipe With Simple Syrup
There are often a few shortcuts you can use when making famous cocktails like this classic Mojito cocktail.
- The traditional way to make a good mojito is to use real sugar, but youll get the same delicious taste using simple sugar.
- Using simple syrup makes for an easy Mojitos recipe, which means you make them faster.
- If youre making a pitcher of Mojitos, simple syrup is the way to go!
- Perfect for happy hour, a backyard BBQ or sipping by the pool.
- This Mojito is a refreshing summer drink.
Want more refreshing drinks? Check out this list of our favorite summer cocktails.
Donât Miss: How To Make Cocktail With Rum
Helpful Tips And Tricks
- Use fresh limes not the concentrated stuff.
- Quality counts. With only five ingredients, each one is super important. Just like the lime juice, you want to be sure to use a quality rum that you actually like the taste of. Some favorites include Bacardi Superior or Cana Brava.
- Avoid over-muddling. Gently, yet firmly, press the limes and mint with your muddler and gently twist. Were not trying to rip the mint to shreds, that just makes your mojito bitter.
- Add some fruit for a fun twist.
Read Also: What Can You Mix With Pineapple Vodka
How To Make Classic Mojito Recipe
The base for this mojito recipe can be prepped ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator until ready to par-tay all vacation long!
First, set out a large pitcher and pour in the rum, mint simple syrup, and lime juice. Stir the mixture until it is combined. You now can stick the whole pitcher in the fridge for up to a day, or continue preparing to serve mint mojitos immediately.
When ready to enjoy, stir in the club soda and fill the pitcher with ice and lime slices, if you like.
Garnish the glasses with a fresh sprig of mint leaves and lime rounds or wedges. Pour the mojito into glasses and serve.
For an extra fancy and sweet treat, you can rim the glass with lime juice and raw sugar.
Ingredients To Make The Best Classic Mojito
What’s in a mojito is just a few basic ingredients:
- Ice, preferably crushed
Because this cocktail has so few ingredients, it’s important that the ingredients are of high quality. Hello freshly squeezed lime juice! You can use any kind of sparkling water or soda you like, I sometimes even use a citrus flavored soda like Sprite. It comes down to your own preference – but something fizzy!
To make a ginger mojito: Use ginger beer instead of soda water, and muddle a little fresh ginger along with the mint and sugar!
Also Check: Steve Madden Mingle Cognac Patent
What Ingredients Are In A Virgin Mojito Recipe
- Sparkling water
Fresh lime juice makes this drink bright and flavorful, but you can totally cheat if you want to make pitchers for a crowd, or just dont feel the desire to squeeze limes.
Using a quality limeade is a great substitute for the lime juice and the simple syrup combo. Use 1/4 cup of limeade in lieu of the fresh lime and honey syrup. When I buy limeade I love Newmans Own brand because it tastes fresh and has a great lime flavor.
We use plain sparkling water that we make in our Soda Stream, but feel free to use your favorite sparkling water. Want to use a flavored sparkling water? Go for it! I would stick with lime or lemon, but thats just me.
Technically you could also use ginger ale or a lemon-lime flavored soda in lieu of the sparkling water, but Im in the camp of why add more sugar when it isnt needed.
How Did I Learn To Make The Best Mojitos
My easy technique comes from a bartender I met when we were on vacation in the Caribbean. He showed me that they prep a mojito simple syrup with mint and lime which ups the flavor in mojitos. You still muddle together some fresh mint and lime the old fashioned way, but adding in that mojito simple syrup elevates the flavor to a new level!
Also Check: What Cocktails Can I Make With Tequila
What Is In A Mojito
- Rum: White rum is traditionally whats used to make classic mojitos. That said, there are many variations with some calling for gold rum, dark rum, gin, or even vodka.
- Fresh mint leaves: Traditionally, this cocktail was made using Yerba Buena. However, I doubt most of us can get our hands on this aromatic plant here in the US, so we have come to love and appreciate the mojito with mint.
- Fresh lime juice: Only the fresh stuff. I even underlined it so you know I mean business.
- Sugaror Simple syrup: Traditionally, Mojitos were made with sugar cane juice, but I didnt have that, so I used simple syrup. White granulated sugar or honey will work just as well.
- Club soda: Unsweetened bubbly water will be added to top off each glass.
- Ice: Because otherwise, it would taste gross. No, I do not measure my ice.
Helpful tools and equipment:
- Cocktail Muddler. Theoretically, you could use a wooden spoon, but a muddler makes a world of difference.
- Tall glasses such as these highball or Collins glasses.
- Straws. I currently have my eye on these re-usable bamboo, metal, and glass straws.
Did You Like This Classic Mojito Recipe Here’s More Refreshing Drinks:
Id love to hear your thoughts. Comment below or tag meon Instagram. And dont forget to Pin it for later! To make sure youre never missing another recipe, please feel free to. As a thanks you will receive a free e-cookbook Travels Through the Seasons, with many delicious recipes from around the world that suit different seasons of the year.
In order to keep the blog up and running this post may contain affiliate links, it will be at no extra cost to you, please read the disclosure for more information.
Read Also: Where Can I Buy Pickle Vodka
How Do I Make Mojitos In A Pitcher
Once you have the mint mojito syrup ready, the rest is simple.
If you want to make this mojito pitcher recipe ahead of time, you can let the pitcher of mojitos sit in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Just give it a good stir before serving.
When youre ready to serve, stir in club soda and pour into glasses of ice. Garnish with fresh mint leaves and slices of lime, and youre ready to go!
I Dont Like The Idea Of Having Sugar At The Bottom Of The Glass Can I Use Simple Syrup Instead
Yes, it might not be traditional to use it but its possible to use simple syrup instead of sugar.
To make the simple syrup just bring to a gentle boil equal parts of sugar and water, dissolving the sugar very well. Let the resulting syrup cool down before using it.
You can also try this mint simple syrup recipe, which is incredibly aromatic and versatile addition to drinks and baked goods.
It can be made in large quantities and stored in the fridge, it lasts very very long
Recommended Reading: Does Ketel One Vodka Have Carbs
How To Muddle Mint For A Cocktail
Muddling is a technique used in drinks to gently mash herbs or fruit to release their juices. You can do this with the bottom of a wooden spoon or with a proper muddler. Either way will work!
Place the mint leaves in the bottom of a sturdy cup or cocktail shaker. Gently mash the mint a few times with a muddler to release the oils form the mint. You do not want to pulverize the mint, just press firmly to release the oils!
Whether You Have A Crowd Or Only A Few People I Recommend Making Your
Bacardi mojito recipe pitcher. Add 45ml of rum and stir to dissolve sugar. Stir rum into sugar mixture Because, well its cinco de mayo, so why not!
I found this recipe last year, and i simplified my life. Fill the pitcher most of the way full with ice. Making mojitos with white rum is essential to ensure the flavor and color are just right.
Add the simple syrup or sugar and fill the glass with ice. Add mint leaves to the combination. Put 100g blueberries, 3 chopped lemons and 2 tbsp granulated sugar in a jug and muddle.
1 cup bacardi superior rum Add the rum and top with club soda, stir well. I guarantee it will be the hit of the.
1 cup blackberries and two teaspoons of sugar into a highball glass.
Top it off with ice and sliced lime. Add the mint leaves, rum, lime juice and mojito simple syrup to a large pitcher. You can make a simple syrup with my vanilla simple syrup recipe just leave out the vanilla bean.
I made another recipe the first year , and between making mojitos and the cuban sandwiches, i spent all my time in the kitchen. Muddle the mint to release its flavors. Bacardi rum mojito pitcher recipe mojitos recipe michael chiarello food network mojito pitcher recipe best mojitos for a crowd cuber mojito recipe cooks with tails bacardi mojito recipe a taste of cuba at home 2foodtrippers
Add limes and muddle until limes are juiced. Add rum, lime juice, and club soda. 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
Raspberry Mojito Bacardi Dragon Berry, fresh raspberries
Read Also: What Is The Best Scotch Whiskey To Buy
Easy Mojito Pitcher Recipe
Easy Mojito Pitcher Recipe thirsty for super refreshing cold drink? Then this bubble virgin mojito with lime and mint is all you need. Learn how to make a pitcher of mojitos without alcohol. It tastes incredibly delicious, both adults & kids love it!
When YOU make this Mojito Recipe, take a picture & DM me your Food Creation on Instagram & I will feature it here under this recipe!
How To Make A Mojito In A Pitcher
1. Juice the Limes: Slice two limes for garnish. Juice the other 4 limes, you should get about ¾ cup juice.
2. Muddle the Mint: Place the mint leaves and granulated sugar in a glass and muddle them well until they are bruised and fragrant, this may take a few minutes. Place the muddled mint into the bottom of your pitcher.
3. Mix: Add the simple syrup, lime juice, and rum to the pitcher. Stir to combine. Add the club soda and gently stir.
4. Pour: Garnish glasses with lime slices and fresh mint. Add ice to the glasses and pour the mojitos over the ice and serve.
Also Check: What Mixes With Scotch Whiskey
How To Make A Mojito:
This post contains affiliate links. As a member of Amazon and other affiliate programs I earn from qualifying purchases.
Muddle: Were making a mint mojito pitcher recipe, so this will be enough to fill a pitcher. This recipe should serve 8, unless you like bigger portions.
Youll start by adding plenty of fresh mint leaves to a pitcher along with some sugar and lime wedges. Muddle them together.
Muddling just means crushing the leaves of the mint with the sugar and fruit. Heres a great cocktail muddler! Do this just until you smell the mint. Dont over muddle your mint or things will start to taste funky.
Mojito Mix: Finally you can pour the club soda and your preferred brand of white rum right into the pitcher. Give it a quick stir and serve these mojitos over plenty of ice and garnish with a sprig of mint, if desired.
A nice refreshing mojito drink is best enjoyed out by the pool or on the beach!
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- Mojitos are a perfect warm-weather cocktail! Theyre crisp, refreshing, and amazingly light. Club soda makes them a little fizzy and cuts the alcohol content a little.
- This batch recipe lets you skip the hassle of mixing one drink at a time. Depending on the size of your pitcher and the amount of ice and club soda you use, you can mix up 4-6 mojitos at a time.
- This mojito pitcher recipe is super easy to make non-alcoholic! All you have to do is leave out the rum and use more club soda .
- You can mix up this mojito pitcher recipe up to 3 days before your party. Follow the recipe as instructed, but leave the ice and club soda out until youre ready to serve them. Keep the pitcher in the refrigerator in the meantime.
You May Like: Where To Buy Wheatley Vodka
Why I Love This Recipe:
My first experience with a homemade mojito was less than desirablethe person who was mixing it didnt measure, and there was a lot of rum and too little everything else.
This Mojito Pitcher does what that first mojito didnt doit strikes a beautiful balance of sweet, citrus and herband its something that is quite simple to make at home.
This Mojito Pitcher recipe is balanced and smoothits got light flavors and isnt too sweet, which is important to me since I dont like saccharine sweet cocktails. Its also refreshing, which translates well to hot days.
This is also the kind of pitcher drink I want to have at a party because pitcher drinks are the best when entertaining. You mix it all up once, then you and your guests get to enjoy it until its gone!
Looking for a drink to mix at home? Check out my Cocktail Recipe Index for inspiration!
How To Make A Raspberry Mojito Pitcher Cocktail
If you are serving a crowd, want to take it along on a picnic, or just want enough for the whole table, try making your mojito as a pitcher cocktail. These instructions can be adapted to however many you need to make, but my recommendation for a 32 ounce pitcher is to multiply the ingredients by five.
- In your cocktail shaker muddle the lime juice, sugar, and mint leaves, then add to the pitcher.
- In the now empty cocktail shaker, muddle your raspberries to break them up, then add to the pitcher. If using frozen berries, allow them to thaw first.
- Use the rum to rinse the cocktail shaker and add it to the pitcher.
- Add the club soda and ice cubes to the pitcher, then stir to combine completely.
- Fill each glass with a few extra ice cubes, then top off with raspberry mojito mixture.
- If desired, serve with extra fresh berries, lime rounds, or mint sprigs for garnish. I like to add extra sliced lime rounds into the pitcher because I think it looks pretty.
You May Like: What Is The Best Crown Royal Whiskey
Do You Shake A Mojito
I do understand this question. As a general rule, citrusy drinks should be shaken. However, a classic mojito is just stirred. A cocktail with club soda shouldn’t be shaken, although you could shake the drink before adding the club soda. But stirring is just even easier right – no need to clean a shaker!