Where Is Remy Martin Made
Remy Martin is crafted in Cognac, France. In fact, all fine cognacs are made in France or Belgium. Its illegal to produce Cognac anywhere else.
Some other brandies use fancy names and bottle designs to try to make you think theyre Remy Martin or at least from France, but most of them arent.
If a bottle says Cognac on it and doesnt say Made in France or Belgium on it, its better not to buy it. A true Remy will be distilled, aged in chateaus within a specific region of France that has strict requirements on what goes into it and how its produced.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item
|9.3 x 9.3 x 31.2 cm 1.3 Kilograms|
|Item model number|
|Allergen Information||Contains: Milk Free, Crustacean Free, Fish Free, Celery Free, Mustard Free, Molluscs Free, Sesame Seeds Free|
|Store away from direct light in a cool & dry place|
|Serving Recommendation||Best Served At Room Temperature.|
|Manufacturer contact||E. Remy Martin & Co, 16100 Cognac, Frankreich|
|Country of origin|
|Country of origin of primary ingredient||France|
|Birthdays, Christmas, Wedding, Fatherâs Day|
|4.8 out of 5 stars|
|Best Sellers Rank||9 in Champagne|
|Delivery information:||We cannot deliver certain products outside mainland UK . We will only be able to confirm if this product can be delivered to your chosen address when you enter your delivery address at checkout.|
|Date First Available||25 Oct. 2010|
Xo Cognac Alternatives To Remy Martin
- As the oldest cognac house, Martell knows how to make a fine XO. If you thought Remy Martin had a long history, consider this. Martell was founded in 1715! You can expect to pay around $200 for a bottle of Martell XO.
- Branson if youre willing to pay a little extra, youll want to give Branson XO cognac a try. Its owned by famous rapper Curtis 50 cent Jackson who has boosted its popularity. A bottle of Branson XO can run well over $100.
- Christian Brothers when it comes to an XO cognac alternative to Remy Martin, Christian Brothers makes one of the best. Regardless of how much you love Remy Martin, its worth giving this one a try it costs around $35.00.
- E& J price aside, E& J makes a good XO cognac. For those of you looking for an affordable XO cognac with good flavor, E& J is the way to go. A bottle of E& J XO costs just under $17.00.
You May Like: Which Vodka Has The Least Amount Of Sugar
Some Interesting Facts About Remy Martin Cognac Drinks
- Fact 1: The Remy Martin company still uses copper stills to distill the beverage, before allowing it to age for the stipulated period of time. The usage of copper stills enhances the taste of the drink.
- Fact 2: Remy Martin is one of the oldest and finest cognacs in the world. When it was first made in 1724, King Louis XV of France gave the owner of the company a permit to plant grapevines for the purpose of making Cognac for the company.
- Fact 3: Remy Martin has released a new collection of fine champagne Cognac by the name of Remy Martin Carte Blanche, a Baptiste Loiseau, and has only 7000 bottles in stock. It allowed the media to view the making of the drinks for the first time and even invited the visitors for an exclusive cognac tasting session.
- Fact 4: The recently launched Remy Martin Fine Champagne Cognac uses spicy nutmeg, black tea, and some other secret ingredients, which enhances the intensity and the aroma of the drink.
Best Cocktails To Make With Remy Martin
Luxury brand Remy Martin has been producing fine Cognac in the Grande Champagne region of France since 1724. Their premium selection of Cognacs is complex, with notes of fruit, nuts, spices, and flowers.
Now that youve got your hands on a bottle of fine Cognac, youre probably wondering how to best enjoy it! Weve got you covered with this list of the best cocktails to make with Remy Martin.
Make these at your next get-together, and youll be everyones favorite host!
Read Also: Is Tito’s Vodka Gluten Free
Brief History Of Rmy Martin
Founded in 1724, Rémy Martin took its name from the owner himself. It is often linked with luxury and sophistication. It sets the bar up high by taking over the global market with its multi skyrocketing sales. Producing its first-ever bottle in less than a hundred years and receiving recognition from King Louis XV of France, theres no wonder it is considered as one of the oldest and biggest cognac brands in the world.
Being the only Cognac house founded by a winemaker, it takes pride in producing grapes from two top wine-growing Cognac regions of France: Petite Champagne and Grande Champagne. What sets Rémy Martin apart from the other big four Cognac houses is that it is not only aged at the standard of 6 years, but instead for lengthy periods of 10 to 37 years. Experience how wonderful it would be to take a sip of this 300-year old work of art.
The Best Of The Best In Every Sense Of The Word
Rémy Martin labels all of its products as Fine Champagne Cognac, which is an official declaration of quality rather than a matter of opinion. The brand is also particular with the grapes it uses to produce its famous Cognacs: it only grows and works with growers in the Grande Champagne and Petite Champagne areas the best two regions known for their unmatchable quality.
Rémy Martin works with 900 different growers as well as growing its own grapes to ensure only the top quality bunches make their way into the XO bottle you bring out on special occasions.
The brand was also one of the first when it came to introducing the distilling on the lees the sediments that occur during vinification of the grapes. This might seem like a minor detail but it promises to make a big difference when sipping the spirit by adding an extra depth and coating to the palate. Its something youll pick up on even more when enjoying Rémy Martin on the rocks.
For an extra-special tipple, Rémy Martin also produces a bottle that contains a blend of eaux-de-vie from a single vat at the discretion of Baptiste Loiseau. This bottle, a cognac blend called Rémy Martin Carte Blanche à Baptiste Loiseau, starts at around $300 and is the missing piece in the puzzle for any self-respecting Cognac lover.
You May Like: What Gin Is Gluten Free
Rmy Martin History: Combining The Best Of Wine And Brandy
The nature of Rémy Martins background means its Cognacs are produced using a marriage of knowledge from both wine and brandy. Rémy Martin is named after a wine grower who began producing Cognac in 1724. It quickly received the royal seal of approval from King Louis XV of France, who offered Rémy Martin the rare chance to expand his vineyards in order to produce more of his incredible Cognac.
In 1830, the first Rémy Martin Grande Champagne cognac was created and by the 20th century, it had cemented its name as one of the most impressive spirit brands in the world. Now, it remains one of the few houses still run by a family from the Cognac region.
Whats The Difference Between Brandy & Cognac
Cognac is a brandy made from a specific region in France, while brandy can be made from any part of the world . The town where the cognacs must come from is known for its high level of terroir.
The location where the grapes were grown links to the sweetness of the Cognac. However, any premium grapes all over the world could make a brandy.
Recommended Reading: Does Vodka Cause Gout Flare Up
Remy Martin Xo Cognac Fine Champagne 700ml
Find out more about Remy Martin Fine Champagne Cognac
PRODUCT AVAILABILITY VARIES AT EACH LOCATION
Flat Rate $4.95 Per Order
ACT & New South Wales 2-7 business days
11 Items or Less $11 Per Order
12 Items or More $5 Per Order
Queensland 3-7 business days
11 Items or Less $11 Per Order
12 Items or More $9 Per Order
Tasmania 4-7 business days
11 Items or Less $17 Per Order
12 Items or More $15 Per Order
South Australia 4-7 business days
11 Items or Less $11 Per Order
12 Items or More $5 Per Order
Western Australia 8-10 business days
11 Items or Less $16 Per Order
12 Items or More $15 Per Order
Northern Territory 8-10 business days
11 Items or Less $35 Per Order
12 Items or More $40 Per Order
Orders are despatched within 1 to 2 business days. We may withhold despatch due to forecast weather conditions or events that may impact on the integrity of the products. Should we be un-able to despatch your order within a reasonable timeframe we will contact you.
For urgent deliveries call us to discuss your options.
Properties Of Remy Martin
Remy Martin Cognac is made through the classic process of winemaking. The first step in making sure that the drink is perfect, the harvesting of grapes is done in the right place. After the grapes are harvested, they are fermented or aged, so as to release the taste and make the Cognac intense. The grapes are usually harvested from September to October, after which a white wine, which is dry and acidic, is used to mix with the grapes and produce Eau-de-vie. The product is then distilled in copper stills up to 48 hours maximum, and then it is aged by using open grain oak casks.
The final product that you get in Remy Martin bottles is the finely crafted process, which has helped in giving you the perfect drink. According to the French law, a drink is defined as a cognac if it is the grapes harvested properly, the beverage has been distilled twice in copper pot stills, and the beverage is finally aged by using oak barrels. The Remy Martin cognac fulfills all the above categories, which not only helps it in achieving the title of cognac but even produces the fine taste that is required off a cognac.
Read Also: What To Do With Rum
Rmy Martin Fine Champagne Vsop
Age: Price: Price Range:
Can be found almost anywhere. Decent if a touch pricey to value.
Notes: Produced in the heart of the Cognac region, Remy only uses grapes grown from the Cognac Grande Champagne and Petite Champagne area for this, their VSOP offering. . Distilled in small classic alembic charentais copper stills the resulting eau de vie is then aged in Limousin oak in their private cellars and then is carefully blended to profile. Remy offers many different cognacs to fit ones taste and/or budget within their portfolio. Remys is also actually one of the few producers who bottle a vintage year release, the latest being their 1989 release. Two other cognacs of theirs that we have reviewed are the 1989 Vintage and 1738 Accord Royal
First Impression: Apricots, figs, apples, vanilla, caramel, leather and oily nuts and some oak. A sweet, concentrated champagne or jam like-like smell to it with an admixture of floral scents. Very distinctive, aromatic with a nice blend of heavier bass notes to it also.
Appearance: Attractive red/gold color, leaves thin coat on swirling. Could be mistaken for a bourbon in color.
Taste: Sweetish entry , then drying pleasantly. Medium silky body, with a lot of ripe fruit notes, with concentrated almost raisin or ice wine type notes with hints of vanilla and oak pepper and a lovely lingering finish.
Other: One of the more outstanding products in large portfolio of products ranging in age and price.
Interesting Facts You Probably Didnt Know About Rmy Martin
1. Is Remy Martin champagne? No – the growth area of Cognacs come from the Fine Champagne, which uses eaux-de-vie from both the Grande and Petite Champagne crus. They are terroirs used for Cognac production only, not champagne – despite the name.
2. Remy Martin is the only Cognac house founded by a winemaker in 1724.
3. Rémy Martin is now part of the Rémy Cointreau group, a powerful company with various luxury products in their range and an international distribution network.
4. Pierette Richet is Rémy Martins cellar master, one of the few women in this industry. Shes only the fourth cellar master in 100 years, that is how much the tradition of the house of Rémy Martin has been kept alive through the generations.
5. Like in any grand family tradition there was a feud André Renaud senior had written in his will that his older daughter Anne-Marie would inherit 51 percent of the company, and his younger daughter Genevieve 49 percent. Anne-Marie married André Hériard Dubreuil and Genevieve married Max Cointreau, of the popular French liquor company.
6. Rémy Martin has developed a clear spirit, the Rémy Martin V. Instead of aging in oak barrels, the eau-de-vie goes through an ice-cold filtration process. It has hints of pear and fresh mint and in fact, tastes more like vodka than Cognac.
7. Remy Martin VSOP is the first Fine Champagne VSOP ever created.
8. The famous Louis XIII Cognac is originally made with precious Baccarat crystal.
Don’t Miss: What Flavors Of Rum Are There
Remy Martin Mixed Drinks
Ive mentioned all the 16 Remi Martin varieties above. You can make a selection of cocktails with these varieties. So lets check them all out.
Best Things To Mix With Remy Martin Cognac
- Ginger Ale: One of the best things to mix with Remy Martin cognac is ginger ale. The crisp flavor of ginger ale pairs marvelously with this fine spirit.
- Tonic Water: is a commonly mixed with Remy Martin. The refreshing flavor of tonic water and the carbonation elevate the distinctive notes of cognac.
- Triple Sec: is a great mixer that goes nicely with Remy Martin cognac. By adding some citrus notes, it gives the cognac a pleasant, light, and almost tropical flavor.
- Lemon Juice: Remy Martin mixed with lemon juice is also a very popular mix.
- Orange juice: goes well together with Remy Martin cognac.
Recommended Reading: Where Can I Buy Dulce Vida Tequila
Rmy Martin Prices List 2022
A growing trend among cocktail bars around the world, cognacs contain a mix of aromatic senses of floral, fruity, and even spicy. You dont have to be rich and famous and deprive yourself of grabbing a bottle of nice cognac. Just like any other brand, Rémy Martin is versatile enough to be paired with during, pre or post-meal that could further elevate a persons dining experience.
How Rmy Martin Cognac Is Made
Rémy Martin uses grapes from the two most central parts in the six growing regions in Cognac. The two parts of the Cognac region where the premium ingredient came from are the Grande Champagne and Petite Champagne.
With traditional distillation on the lees in copper stills, the sediments of the wine products will retain. For the cognacs to age, it is placed in a limousine-type oak barrel.
Don’t Miss: What Can You Mix Skrewball Whiskey With
The Rich History Of Rmy Martin Cognac
Rémy Martin is one of the famous cognac producers in Cognac, France. It was named after the founder, Rémy Martin, a young winegrower and winemaker way back in 1724.
It has an exceptional and excellent brandy production that is widely consumed not just in France but all over the world.
The founder was given the right to plant new grape vines by King Louis XV to make his brand. The founder also appointed Pierrette Trichet as the first female cellar master and Baptiste Loiseau as the youngest cellar master for a major house.
For almost 300 years of making Cognac, Rémy Martin has created a legacy for producing high-quality cognacs and liquors. The house is equipped with copper pot stills and good-quality cellars for Eaux-de-vie.
The premium ingredient is harvested exclusively for Rémy Martin on the vineyard of Petite and Grande Champagne.
Read: How Long Does Cognac Last?
Vsop Cognac Alternatives To Remy Martin
- Hennessy Hennessy is another very popular cognac. Its on the pricey side, but its worth it! If youre willing to spend over $50.00, you should put this one on your list.
- Courvoisier this one is also expensive and also exceptional in terms of quality. The flavor is smooth, and it is impressively versatile. You can have the pleasure of trying a bottle for around $30.00.
- E& J while E& J is on the cheaper end, its still quite enjoyable. You can get E& J VSOP for under $19.00. This makes it extremely affordable and perfect for serving to guests.
- Christian Brothers for the price, Christian Brothers creates a fine product. The flavor is perfection itself with a minimal burn. A bottle of VSOP costs under $17.00.
Also Check: Where To Buy Ron Del Barrilito Rum