How To Make A Pitcher Of Mojitos:
If you happen to be making a round of mojitos for a group, feel free to try out the mojito pitcher recipe below instead! To make a pitcher of mojitos, simply
Why I Love This Recipe:
My first experience with a homemade mojito was less than desirablethe person who was mixing it didnt measure, and there was a lot of rum and too little everything else.
This Mojito Pitcher does what that first mojito didnt doit strikes a beautiful balance of sweet, citrus and herband its something that is quite simple to make at home.
This Mojito Pitcher recipe is balanced and smoothits got light flavors and isnt too sweet, which is important to me since I dont like saccharine sweet cocktails. Its also refreshing, which translates well to hot days.
This is also the kind of pitcher drink I want to have at a party because pitcher drinks are the best when entertaining. You mix it all up once, then you and your guests get to enjoy it until its gone!
Looking for a drink to mix at home? Check out my Cocktail Recipe Index for inspiration!
What Is In A Mojito
- Rum: White rum is traditionally whats used to make classic mojitos. That said, there are many variations with some calling for gold rum, dark rum, gin, or even vodka.
- Fresh mint leaves: Traditionally, this cocktail was made using Yerba Buena. However, I doubt most of us can get our hands on this aromatic plant here in the US, so we have come to love and appreciate the mojito with mint.
- Fresh lime juice: Only the fresh stuff. I even underlined it so you know I mean business.
- Sugaror Simple syrup: Traditionally, Mojitos were made with sugar cane juice, but I didnt have that, so I used simple syrup. White granulated sugar or honey will work just as well.
- Club soda: Unsweetened bubbly water will be added to top off each glass.
- Ice: Because otherwise, it would taste gross. No, I do not measure my ice.
Helpful tools and equipment:
- Cocktail Muddler. Theoretically, you could use a wooden spoon, but a muddler makes a world of difference.
- Tall glasses such as these highball or Collins glasses.
- Straws. I currently have my eye on these re-usable bamboo, metal, and glass straws.
Read Also: What Are The Best Drinks To Mix With Vodka
What Ingredients Are In A Virgin Mojito Recipe
- Sparkling water
Fresh lime juice makes this drink bright and flavorful, but you can totally cheat if you want to make pitchers for a crowd, or just dont feel the desire to squeeze limes.
Using a quality limeade is a great substitute for the lime juice and the simple syrup combo. Use 1/4 cup of limeade in lieu of the fresh lime and honey syrup. When I buy limeade I love Newmans Own brand because it tastes fresh and has a great lime flavor.
We use plain sparkling water that we make in our Soda Stream, but feel free to use your favorite sparkling water. Want to use a flavored sparkling water? Go for it! I would stick with lime or lemon, but thats just me.
Technically you could also use ginger ale or a lemon-lime flavored soda in lieu of the sparkling water, but Im in the camp of why add more sugar when it isnt needed.
How To Make Mojito Simple Syrup:
Don’t Miss: What Kind Of Whiskey Is Knob Creek
How To Make A Virgin Mojito
Why Youll Love This Mojito Recipe With Simple Syrup
There are often a few shortcuts you can use when making famous cocktails like this classic Mojito cocktail.
- The traditional way to make a good mojito is to use real sugar, but youll get the same delicious taste using simple sugar.
- Using simple syrup makes for an easy Mojitos recipe, which means you make them faster.
- If youre making a pitcher of Mojitos, simple syrup is the way to go!
- Perfect for happy hour, a backyard BBQ or sipping by the pool.
- This Mojito is a refreshing summer drink.
Want more refreshing drinks? Check out this list of our favorite summer cocktails.
Don’t Miss: How To Make Cocktail With Rum
Sipping A Tall Mojito Cocktail Is An Easy Way To Beat The Heat
The best Mojito recipe originated at a famous hotel bar in Havana, Cuba where they certainly know how to cool off. And while the mint Mojito drink is certainly one of Cuba’s most famous creations, other great cocktails originated there, including the Cuba Libre and the Daquiri.
The island of Cuba is known for its hot, humid, tropical weather. James Bond can seen sipping a Mojito beachside in the movie Die Another Day. After all, what better way to escape the heat than a cocktail made from local ingredients such as sugar cane, rum, and lime?
Best Mojito Recipe For A Crowd
This mojito pitcher recipe is truly the BEST mojito recipe for a crowd of people. Its a classic mint mojito, but made in a larger quantity to save you time. Be a great host by serving the most refreshing cocktail, without standing behind the bar all night.
Its seriously so easy to make, and you can even make it ahead of time if needed. Whip up a couple pitchers of this, let them chill in the refrigerator, and theyre ready to serve when you are!
You May Like: How Many Calories In Vodka
Whether You Have A Crowd Or Only A Few People I Recommend Making Your
Bacardi mojito recipe pitcher. Add 45ml of rum and stir to dissolve sugar. Stir rum into sugar mixture Because, well its cinco de mayo, so why not!
I found this recipe last year, and i simplified my life. Fill the pitcher most of the way full with ice. Making mojitos with white rum is essential to ensure the flavor and color are just right.
Add the simple syrup or sugar and fill the glass with ice. Add mint leaves to the combination. Put 100g blueberries, 3 chopped lemons and 2 tbsp granulated sugar in a jug and muddle.
1 cup bacardi superior rum Add the rum and top with club soda, stir well. I guarantee it will be the hit of the.
1 cup blackberries and two teaspoons of sugar into a highball glass.
Top it off with ice and sliced lime. Add the mint leaves, rum, lime juice and mojito simple syrup to a large pitcher. You can make a simple syrup with my vanilla simple syrup recipe just leave out the vanilla bean.
I made another recipe the first year , and between making mojitos and the cuban sandwiches, i spent all my time in the kitchen. Muddle the mint to release its flavors. Bacardi rum mojito pitcher recipe mojitos recipe michael chiarello food network mojito pitcher recipe best mojitos for a crowd cuber mojito recipe cooks with tails bacardi mojito recipe a taste of cuba at home 2foodtrippers
Add limes and muddle until limes are juiced. Add rum, lime juice, and club soda. 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
Raspberry Mojito Bacardi Dragon Berry, fresh raspberries
Quick Tips And Tricks For Making The Best Mojitos
- Prep your ingredients before mixing the pitcher. This means juicing your limes and making simple syrup beforehand.
- Double or triple the recipe! While this Mojito Pitcher recipe makes six drinks, you might be hosting friends who want more than one drink. If so, make a second pitcher and leave out the club soda until its go time.
- Purchase good lime juice or squeeze your own. The shelf stable bottled stuff wont cut it for this Mojito Pitcher.
- Add extra mint for garnish! Not only is it beautiful, but it adds a lovely scent as you sip!
- Dont over muddle the mint. Mint is a delicate herb, and the point of muddling is to get the leaves to release their oils, which provides flavor in the mojito. If you muddle them too much, they could become bitter.
- Make the mint flavor extra strong by making mint simple syrup. To do this, follow the instructions on how to make simple syrup and throw in a bunch of mint when the sugar has dissolved. Let it steep for 30-45 minutes before straining the mint out.
Dont Miss: Recipe For Keto Chocolate Cake
Also Check: What To Mix With Tequila Gold
The Precise Strategy To Make A Mojito
The mojito is a bitter cocktail that originates from Havana, Cuba. The origins of the Mojito are cloudy: some say it was invented throughout the 1500s, others throughout the 1800s with the supply of the Bacardi rum agency. In any case, its place as an iconic Cuban cocktail was solidified by the 1930s when Ernest Hemingway helped to popularize the drink.
It makes the report of Worldwide Bartender Affiliations IBA official cocktails. Due to this it has an exact definition, though in reality it is interpreted in one other means by bartenders in every single place on this planet! Proper right heres whats in a conventional mojito recipe:
- Up to date mint
- Easy syrup
- Soda water
To make it, youll merely muddle mint, add the lime juice, rum, and easy syrup, and shake it in a cocktail shaker. Then excessive off the glass with membership soda sooner than serving. Questioning recommendations on the best way to muddle? Protect finding out.
The Exact Technique To Muddle Mint
Muddling is gently mashing herbs or fruits to launch their juices. This technique is often utilized in cocktails on account of it helps the flavors incorporate greater than in case you merely threw a mint sprig correct into the drink. Is there a correct technique to muddle? The reality is, theres! Proper right heres recommendations on the best way to muddle mintthe exact technique:
- Place the mint leaves throughout the bottom of a cocktail shaker. For individuals who dont have one, it is best to use a giant metallic cup or bowl.
- Using a wooden cocktail muddler or unfinished wooden spoon, gently mash the mint only a few situations to launch the juices. Do not mash the mint with an entire lot of energy! The essential factor to muddling is a light-weight contact.
Want additional ideas for using up mint? Try these Biggest Mint Recipes or Mint Cocktails.
Recommended Reading: What Do They Make Tequila Out Of
Stir Rum Into Sugar Mixture
Mojito recipe vodka pitcher. Now that im moving into a new season of life, im all about having a cocktail, especially if. Chill at least 1 hour or up to 3 days. While the recipe below is written to serve 1, you can easily make a pitcher of these skinny mojitos to serve at a party, a girls night, or whenever the mood strikes.
Garnish glasses with lime peel strips and mint. When ready to serve, gently stir club soda into mixture in pitcher, and add lime rounds. It just might be the perfect rum cocktail!
Place lime juice, sugar, vodka, raspberries and lime slices into a pestle and crush until the sugar is dissolved, about 1 minute. In a glass or shaker, add lime juice, monk fruit, and mint leaves. Get a taste of the classic cuban cocktail in minutes with this recipe featuring rum, lime, and mint.
Stir together mint syrup, rum, and lime juice in a large pitcher. Dont muddle them too much, though. After all, as a party host you need to make sure those drinks stay filled and people stay happy.
The recipe easily sizes up. I doubled the recipe so to fit our 2 liter pitcher, and muddled the mint and sugar ahead of time, enough for four pitchers. Get a taste of the classic cuban cocktail in minutes with this recipe featuring rum, lime, and mint.
Stir around to mix everything together. Our new favorite keto cocktail. Using a muddler muddle the fruit and herbs together.
Top up with soda water. Add limes and muddle until limes are juiced. Just enough so they release their.
How To Make A Mojito:
This post contains affiliate links. As a member of Amazon and other affiliate programs I earn from qualifying purchases.
Muddle: Were making a mint mojito pitcher recipe, so this will be enough to fill a pitcher. This recipe should serve 8, unless you like bigger portions.
Youll start by adding plenty of fresh mint leaves to a pitcher along with some sugar and lime wedges. Muddle them together.
Muddling just means crushing the leaves of the mint with the sugar and fruit. Heres a great cocktail muddler! Do this just until you smell the mint. Dont over muddle your mint or things will start to taste funky.
Mojito Mix: Finally you can pour the club soda and your preferred brand of white rum right into the pitcher. Give it a quick stir and serve these mojitos over plenty of ice and garnish with a sprig of mint, if desired.
A nice refreshing mojito drink is best enjoyed out by the pool or on the beach!
Don’t Miss: Which Is The Best Tequila For Shots
How Much Alcohol Is In A Mojito
A mojito is typically known for being a relatively light cocktail.
This recipe calls for 4oz of white rum, so there are about 2 ounces in each serving. Take a look at the alcohol content on the bottle of white rum you are using to get the exact alcohol content.
If you are making a mojito with 80 proof rum, its about the same as drinking 1 glass of wine.
To make a mojito you will need your favorite brand of white rum.
*As always, when you are drinking, please drink responsibly*
Fill The Pitcher Most Of The Way Full With Ice
Mojito recipe simple syrup pitcher. Stir together mint syrup, rum, and lime juice in a large pitcher. 6 ounces fresh lime juice Chill at least 1 hour or up to 3 days.
Just before serving, top with club soda and fill the pitcher with ice. Add all ingredients to a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer. It just might be the perfect rum cocktail!
Set aside to cool completely and store covered in the fridge. To make a simple syrup, add equal parts sugar and water to a saucepan. Add in rum and stir.
Muddle limes, mint, and sugar together in a large pitcher Use these numbers to make a pitcher: Add the mint leaves, rum, lime juice and mojito simple syrup to a large pitcher.
Give it a try and youll be sure to impress your guests with this incredibly easy recipe! Do not add ice to the pitcher. I found this recipe last year, and i simplified my life.
I doubled the recipe so to fit our 2 liter pitcher, and muddled the mint and sugar ahead of time, enough for four pitchers. These pitcher strawberry mojitos are perfect for parties or even just your regular weeknight celebrations. How to make a mint mojito.
Dont muddle them too much, though. Garnish glasses with lime peel strips and mint. Use a muddler or even just the end of a wooden spoon and smash the mint leaves.
Cover and let simmer for about 10 minutes. Muddle the mint to release its flavors. .
Our new favorite keto cocktail. How to make a pitcher of mojitos. (can be prepared 2 hours ahead.
Blueberry Mojitos Gift of Hospitality
Recommended Reading: How Much Is Tequila Silver
Helpful Tips And Tricks
- Use fresh limes not the concentrated stuff.
- Quality counts. With only five ingredients, each one is super important. Just like the lime juice, you want to be sure to use a quality rum that you actually like the taste of. Some favorites include Bacardi Superior or Cana Brava.
- Avoid over-muddling. Gently, yet firmly, press the limes and mint with your muddler and gently twist. Were not trying to rip the mint to shreds, that just makes your mojito bitter.
- Add some fruit for a fun twist.
How Do I Make Mojitos In A Pitcher
Once you have the mint mojito syrup ready, the rest is simple.
If you want to make this mojito pitcher recipe ahead of time, you can let the pitcher of mojitos sit in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Just give it a good stir before serving.
When youre ready to serve, stir in club soda and pour into glasses of ice. Garnish with fresh mint leaves and slices of lime, and youre ready to go!
Read Also: What Is Whiskey Sour Mix Made Of