My Favorite Cocktail When Im Not In The Mood For Fussing Is A Vodka Soda Combining A Great Vodka With Sparkling Water Ive Elevated It Just A Notch With This Raspberry Lime Vodka Soda But Its Still A Light And Delightful Cocktail
After months of indulgence, I think everyone tries to cut back in January many deciding to forgo alcohol altogether during dry January. Instead of dry, I go light and this simple Raspberry Lime Vodka Soda enhanced with a fruity sparkling water adds a nice flavor boost while keeping calories low.
Our theme for this months Progressive Eats is Making Favorite Recipes Healthier. They only way to make a cocktail healthier would be to substitute the sugar and honestly, I would rather drink straight water than try to include an artificial ingredient for the one constant in most cocktailssugar. I decided instead to add something to a cocktail already low in sugar and make it a bit more special.
Im doing that by way of using a new favorite, Spindrift Sparkling Water. Its not a clear sparkling water with a hint of flavor, no, this brand adds real fruit juices to their sparkling water and it shows. Easy to source too I found them at Target.
The ones Ive used have varied from 6-8% juice in the 12 oz can, so its not heavy but it is discernible and best of all, the berry and mango choices have a beautiful color. Its the only reason Ive never found a plain Vodka Cocktail all that appealing it is so visually boring.
For the record, this Raspberry Lime Vodka Soda is not a sponsored post and no one is paying me to say how much I love their product. I simply thought this brand of sparkling water sounded great so I tried it and Im hooked.
PIN IT! Raspberry Lime Vodka Soda
Heres What Youll Need To Make It
While a classic traditional martini is made with gin, this recipe uses vodka to let the clean fresh flavor of the pineapple come through.
To get the pure sweet tropical flavor of pineapple in a martini youll need just a few ingredients. Ive kept it super simple so you can enjoy this easy pineapple cocktail any time.
- Pineapple juice look for 100% pineapple juice with no sugar or other flavors added. You can get it in a jar or fresh in the produce section. If you have access to fresh-pressed pineapple juice from your local juice bar it will taste even more authentic.
You can also use homemade. Its easy to make pineapple juice at home from a whole pineapple with or without a juicer. To make it without a juicer, just core and peel the pineapple, puree it in a high power blender and strain it to make fresh juice.
You May Like: Does Rum Have Carbs
Ways To Upgrade Your Vodka Soda
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Learn more.
The Vodka Soda is pretty much the un-cocktail. Its typically meant to be as tasteless and chuggable as possible.
Until recently, when I thought of a Vodka Soda, I thought of a drink meant to induce drunkenness with as few calories as possible. And thats about it.
I definitely dismissed it altogether for a while there. But it was actually my aversion to it made me want to do some tweaking and throw a few back in the name of R& D.
After trying a bunch of easy variations, Im ready to stand behind the Vodka Soda as a really fun and delicious cocktail template.
Read on for my four Vodka Soda upgrades + recipe template and ideas!
Don’t Miss: Tennessee Apple Whiskey Drinks
How To Make This Watermelon Vodka Drink
Making a watermelon vodka drink is as simple as making watermelon juice, then mixing a few ingredients together in a cocktail shaker. Here are the main steps:
- Make the watermelon juice! Blend 2 cups of cubed watermelon in a blender, then pour it through a fine mesh strainer to obtain 1 cup watermelon juice.
- Shake with lime juice, vodka, and maple syrup. In a cocktail shaker, combine the juice with 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, ½ cup vodka and 1 tablespoon maple syrup. Add ice and shake!
- Garnish: Pour into glasses and garnish with small watermelon wedges.
Is It Bad To Mix Vodka And Soda
No, it is not bad. Mixing vodka and soda is being done and served around the world. So if you are in a restaurant, you can get vodka with a soda in it.
And even at the comfort of your home, you can mix vodka and soda. It would help if you had a recipe. A recipe is essential because if you have not tried making one before, you might mess up, and you will not like the taste of your finished product.
This is why it is essential to have a recipe. However, if you like to experiment and mix them independently, you can always do that. That would be better because you can be able to decide which flavor you want.
However, there is a saying that mixing alcohol and soda can make you even drunker. A recent study stated that a mix of liquor with a sugar mixer could make some people drunker than usual. In addition, the study said that a mixture of sugar and alcohol could increase a persons BRaC or breath alcohol concentrations.
The reason is that the time in which the alcohol will be absorbed from our stomach to our bloodstream will take longer than usual. So with this, one study concluded that you could get more easily drunk if you mix a soda in your vodka.
However, this is only just one study. It cannot be the basis of all vodka that is mixed with soda.
Also Check: Pineapple Mango Vodka Drinks
Easy Raspberry Lemonade Vodka In One Minute
- A great way to use up excess summer lemons and raspberries.
- This homemade raspberry lemonade and vodka is super affordable and made entirely of everyday fridge or store cupboard staples.
- This raspberry vodka cocktail is very very very easy to make!
- Immensely adaptable. There are virtually limitless ways you can adapt and vary the flavors of this pink lemonade cocktail to suit your tastes and mood.
- It is easy to double or triple the recipe to quench the thirst of a crowd.
- Prep-ahead Ease. You can whip up a big batch of the lemonade and add vodka in just before serving.
- Make the kids happy with this colorful yet vodka-free raspberry lemonade.
Soooo, are you ready to learn how to make Raspberry Vodka Lemonade? Then read on!
Read Also: What Whiskey To Use For Old Fashioned
How Do You Make A Simple Syrup
AH guys, its so easy. I will often make some in the summer just to have on hand for simple drinks like this lemon vodka cocktail. You wont need a recipe for simple syrup! Combine equal parts sugar and water in a small saucepan on the stove, and simmer until the sugar has dissolved. Cool the mixture down and store at room temperature for a couple of weeks!
Its perfect to have on hand when you want to sweeten things up a little bit.
You May Like: What Proof Is Bacardi Rum
Also Check: Honey Whiskey Mixer
Can A Vodka Soda Be More Than Just A Low Calorie Way To Get Drunk
Yes! And you can also keep things low calorie without sacrificing flavor.
Vodka tends to get a bad rap among those who enjoy craft cocktails because of its tasteless, neutral character. But that neutrality is actually a really great asset when it comes to creating flavor infusions or layering flavors.
Think of vodka as your blank canvas! Here are four ways I like to upgrade my vodka sodas:
Does Cinnamon And Watermelon Go Together
Watermelon, when it is ripe and in season is so deliciously sweet! Adding in some cinnamon is a great way to add some extra fiber and to balance your blood sugar. For those of you with diabetes, this is a perfect snack for you! This snack is very easy to make, you just need a watermelon and some cinnamon.
Also Check: Does Svedka Vodka Have Gluten
This Is Not That Viral Vodka Watermelon Hack
Oh and by the way: perhaps youve heard of that viral vodka watermelon hack? Its the one where you make a whole in a watermelon and place a bottle of vodka upside down inside the hole? While it sounds intruiging, its widely known to be difficult to pull off. This watermelon vodka drink, however, works every time! So hands down, wed recommend this instead of that odd party trick.
What Flavor Mixes Well With Watermelon
You May Like: Jim Beam Mixers
Tips For Making Punch With Vodka And Wine
Making a truly good vodka and wine punch isnt always easy, because the punch becomes weaker as the ice melts in the bowl.
- In order to offset this effect, make sure that all ingredients are extremely cold before adding them into the punch bowl.
- Sparkling or carbonated beverages are preferable in an alcoholic punch, but make sure that you add any fizzy drinks as the final ingredient.
- Finally, theres no need to spend money on expensive liquor to add to your punch bowl. When you add all the other ingredients, it truly makes no difference whether youve bought from the top shelf or the bargain bin. Your guests will get the same effect with the cheap stuff, and chances are theyll be glad that you saved the good stuff for other vodka drinks at your party.
Also Check: Can You Mix Ginger Ale And Whiskey
Why We Love This Watermelon Cocktail Recipe
- Its got pure and simple natural ingredients with no complicated infusions or syrups.
- You likely have everything you need on hand to make this fresh watermelon vodka drink! No need to scour the store for exotic ingredients!
- As you can guess from its name, watermelon fruit is loaded with water and electrolytes which are just what your body needs after a long, lazy day in the sun.
- Its pretty pink colour positively screams summer so its perfect for a pool party, Canada Day or Fourth of July celebration.
Also Check: Guillotine Vodka Price
What Is The Best Flavor Of Ciroc
Ciroc Vodka Flavors List
- Ciroc Vodka Coconut. 4.6 out of 5 stars.
- Ciroc Vodka Pineapple. 4.6 out of 5 stars.
- Ciroc Vodka. 4.5 out of 5 stars.
- Ciroc Vodka Red Berry. 4.5 out of 5 stars.
- Ciroc Vodka French Vanilla. 4.6 out of 5 stars.
- Ciroc Vodka Apple. 4.6 out of 5 stars.
- Ciroc Vodka Peach. 4.6 out of 5 stars.
- Ciroc Vodka Mango.
What Can I Add To Dr Pepper
The Most Delicious Dirty Dr. Pepper Flavor Combinations
- Southern Delight. 1 can Dr. Pepper + 1 teaspoon Torani Peach Syrup + 1 tablespoon coffee creamer.
- Island Paradise. 1 can Dr. Pepper + 1 teaspoon Torani Coconut Syrup + squeeze of lime juice.
- Raspberry Dream. 1 can Dr. Pepper + 1 teaspoon Torani Red Raspberry Syrup + 1 tablespoon coffee creamer.
Don’t Miss: Calories In Knob Creek
Why I Love This Recipe:
Vodka Raspberry Lemonade is exactly what youre gonna want for the rest of the summertime.
Why? You can mix up a batch of homemade lemonade for the whole family to enjoy, then spike yours with Pinnacle® Original Vodka and DeKuyper® Razzmatazz® Liqueur.
Yallthis raspberry vodka drink is so delightful and so easy because it calls for three ingredients.
Its also absolutely tasty, bold and perfect for sipping all summer long! Also, just LOOK at that color!
Looking for a summer recipe, but cant put your finger on it? Check out my summer recipe index.
Did You Make This Recipe
Tag on Instagram and hashtag it #mom4real
I hope you enjoy this Watermelon Vodka Fizz as much as I do!
If you like this cocktail, you may like these too
They dont make a cocktail much fresher than this Raspberry Gin Fizz! Its so refreshing and deliciousperfect for hot summer days!
One of my absolute favorite cocktails to enjoy year round is the Raspberry Mint Mojito! The mix of fresh raspberries, mint and lime juice is out of this world!
If you are looking for a delicious Sangria recipe, then you HAVE to try this Tropical White Wine Sangria! Enjoy just one, or make it for a crowdeither way, its sure to become a favorite!
Don’t Miss: Empress Gin Color Changing Cocktail
Is Absolut Watermelon Good
Vodka with flavored flavors typically has a proof of 60 to 70. In addition to being 76 proof, Absolut Watermelon is a little heavier and its higher octane is noticeable. As far as flavor goes, Absolut Watermelon appears to be the best watermelon vodka currently available on the market. Even higher scores would have been possible if Absolut Watermelon had been given a softer finish.
What Should You Not Mix With Vodka
Drinks with high concentrations of congeners may exacerbate the symptoms of a hangover. Clear alcoholic beverages such as vodka, gin, and white wine have less congeners than darker alcoholic beverages such as brandy, whiskey, rum, or red wine. It is possible that mixing the congeners will enhance gastric discomfort.
Also Check: Best Thing To Mix With Tito’s Vodka
Watermelon White Wine Spritzer
Liquor.com / Tim Nusog
While this perhaps sounds like a drink for the Boomer crowd, its actually delicious and eminently crushable. Its made in the style of a Bellini , but here the sparkling wine element takes the form of a combination of white wine and soda water. First, agave nectar and watermelon flesh get processed in a blender and then strained and added into a glass. Just add white wine and top with soda water.
What Is The Best Mixer For Vodka
Soda Water . Whether its called carbonated water, sparkling water , seltzer , or soda water , the liquid is all the same and its a perfect mixer for vodka. Tonic Water . Cranberry Juice . Lemon- Lime Soda . Lemon Juice or Lime Juice . Tomato Juice or Bloody Mary Mix. Pineapple Juice . Lemonade and Iced Tea.
Also Check: Vodka And Carbs
You May Like: Is Kirkland Vodka The Same As Grey Goose
What Is The Best Mixer For Watermelon And Lime Vodka
It is advised that the new flavoured vodka be served with lemonade or tonic water and garnished with lime, as it has a 38 percent alcohol content. It may also be combined with dry white wine, lemonade, lime juice, and fresh fruits such as peaches, apples, and raspberries to make a Wonder Punch, which is a refreshing summer beverage.
How To Make Watermelon Vodka Cocktails
Step 1: Blend and strain watermelon
Cut the rind off of a large watermelon and cut into cubes. Place watermelon cubes into a blender and blend until smooth.
Pour blended watermelon into a pitcher through a fine mesh strainer. Discard any of the leftover bits in the strainer. Pour the watermelon juice back into the blender.
Step 2: blend vodka into the cocktail and serve
Then, pour vodka, triple sec, lime juice and maple syrup into the blender with the watermelon juice. Blend again and pour into a pitcher to serve.
Finally, serve this watermelon drink over ice and garnish with lime juice, a wedge of watermelon and mint.
Recommended Reading: Where To Buy Empress 1908 Gin
What The Vodka Cranberry Drink Tastes Like
The Vodka Cranberry is sometimes thought of as a beginners drink because its not very strong and you dont really taste the alcohol. But its a delicious drink for anyone.
The great thing about this drink is how refreshing it is without being strong. The lime and cranberry are both tart, which really wakes up your taste buds.
But you also get some sweetness from the dash of orange juice, and that makes it delicious.
Note that some bartenders do make this drink much stronger. The classic recipe only calls for an ounce of vodka, but some put in a good bit more.
When its mixed according to this recipe, the only reason youll know the vodka is in there is that slight burn you feel as it goes down. And it is really slight.
If you want a regular strength drink, you certainly can bump the vodka up to the standard 1 1/2 ounces without changing the flavor noticeably.
If you want your drink on the strong side, bump it up to two ounces of vodka and just reduce the cranberry juice accordingly.
Wine Pairings For Vodka Sauce Penne
- A bright and fruity Italian red wine like Sangiovese has a slight acidity and pairs nicely with the creamy sauce.
- A Sauvignon Blanc has high acidity and a citrus quality that contrasts nicely with the richness of the dish.
If you loved this Penne Alla Vodka recipe I would appreciate it so much if you would give it a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on using the hashtag #platingsandpairings.
For more great Platings and Pairings recipes, be sure to follow me on , , and .
Recommended Reading: Best Mixer For Malibu