Mint Mojito Cuban Mentha X Villosa Cubanito
Mint Mojito Cuban Mentha x villosa Cubanito is a vigorous, upright mint new to us in 2022. It has larger leaves than the basic spearmint but with larger sweeter leaves perfect for a Mojito.
This mint is a great culinary herb as the leaves blend really well with summer fruit salads, jellies and cordials. Good for garnishing sweet or savoury dishes and for making a tea.
Unlike most mints it is said to be less invasive in the border due to it not producing invasive runners. It will also grow quite happily in containers.
Out of stock
Email when stock available
Make Real Mojitos With Mojito Mint
It is clearly different from most othermints – the scent of this aromatic herb and flavor are agreeably mild and warm, not pungentnor overly sweet like other mints. Recent studies have also concluded that the smell of Mint Plants has been proven to stimulate brain activity and may be useful before a test as well as in the kitchen!
Mentha x villosaCharacteristics: ‘Mojito’ Mint is a spearmint native to Cuba essential in making the refreshing summer drink. ‘Mojito’ is easy to grow and makes a wonderful potted plant for beginners.Light: Plant in full sun to partial shade.Water: Water when soil seems dry to the touch. Mint does not like constantly soggy soil.Soil: Your mint will thrive in well-drained soil of average quality and pH.Use: A refreshing herbal perennial used not only to make Mojitos, but also to make teas, desserts, and as a great seasoning for meats.
What You’ll Get With Clovers Garden Mojito Mint Plants:
- Two Large, Live plants ready to grow, premium herb plants, 4 to 8 tall plants, in 4 pots
- Non-GMO, No Neonicotinoids so you can grow fresh produce thats healthy for your family and pollinators.
- 10x Root Development robust plants with healthy roots that handle transplanting better and grow stronger right from the start. Gets you to a faster, more productive harvest.
- Grown in the Midwest all plants are grown in the USA and we manage the entire process from seed to your doorstep.
- Fast, Priority Shipping and Careful Packaging your plants arrive quickly in our exclusive, eco-friendly, 100% recyclable box designed to protect your plants and the planet.
- Plant in any US Zone works in containers small spaces, balconies, patios or large gardens. Treat as a tender annual in Zones 9 and colder.
- Container–friendly herbs do well in pots, planters, and window boxes and their lovely foliage make them a great filler plant with blooming annuals.
- Season long harvest most herb plants can be harvested all season, just snip off what you need and the plant will keep growing.
- Growing Requirements requires full sun, average water and fertilization.
- Quick Start Planting Guide created just for our customers, this copyrighted guide walks you through every gardening step from unboxing to planting.
- Third Generation, Family-Owned Small Business — weve been helping gardeners since 1957 with established greenhouses right here in the Midwest.
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
You May Like: Where Can I Buy Old Whiskey Barrels
More About Mojito Mint
Genuinely Cuban, Mojito Mint, Mentha x villosa, is a spectacular culinary herb providing the distinct, aromatic and complex taste to the celebrated Mojito beverage. It’s made with mint, and the directions require “muddling” or crushing the leaves in the bottom of the glass. It is clearly different from most other mints with a scent and flavor that are agreeably mild and warm, not pungent nor overly sweet like other mints.
Growing & Harvesting Information
Mojito mint plants thrive in sun or partially shaded spots that have consistently moist, fertile soil. If space is limited, it grows great in containers.
Harvest leaves once the plant is 8 to 10 inches tall. A good rule of thumb is to limit harvesting to a third of the plant at a time. Wait for at least that much growth before harvesting again. Once the plant is established in the garden, this shouldn’t be a problem. For the best flavor, harvest leaves in the morning before the hot sun hits them. You can keep stems in a glass of water until you’re ready to use them.
Uses & Cooking Information
While recipes call for any available variety of Spearmint, the real Mojito can only be made with the true Mojito Mint. Not just great in beverages, Mojito Mint also makes a great seasoning for meats and confections.
Is Peppermint The Same As Mint
Peppermint is a perennial herb that belongs to the mint family. This hardy herb is easy to grow and has a wide variety of uses. Peppermint is an annual that can grow up to 2 feet in height. Peppermint is commonly used for tea, flavoring in candies and pastries, and also is used in many household products such as mouthwash, toothpaste, soaps and cosmetics.
Peppermint, on the other hand, is also sweet but packs much more of a punch. Is Mint the Same as Peppermint. Peppermint has a stronger menthol taste than spearmint due to peppermint plants having a a lot more concentrated quantity of it40% for peppermint, versus about 0. 5% for spearmint. As a result, if you desire a stronger, more menthol-like flavor, choose peppermint or decide for spearmint for something less strong.
Peppermint, on the other hand, is frequently utilized in dessertsespecially cold ones where the cooling sensation of menthol is a bonusand in peppermint teas. The easiest way to tell which mint youll like best is to attempt them. In the spring, your regional garden center will probably use an entire host of choices for mint plants.
Read Also: Does Spiced Rum Have Carbs