How To Make Jello Shots
How To Make Vodka Jell
The following recipe yields approximately 16 Jell-O shots.
- 1 Jell-O packet
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
Step 1: Stir
Empty the gelatin packet into a large, heatproof mixing bowl . Carefully add the boiling water. Whisk together for about two minutes until the gelatin is fully dissolved. Add the vodka and cold water. Stir until all liquids are blended.
Step 2: Set
Carefully pour the mixture into 1-ounce paper cups or plastic containers aligned on a baking sheet. Refrigerate the shots for at least 3 hours until firm.
Step 3: Shoot!
Now for the fun part. Loosen up the Jell-O from the sides of the glass with a spoon or your finger and squeeze the shot into your mouth. Bottoms up!
How To Make Gelatin Shots
FIRST STEP: In a small pan, bring one cup of water to a boil.
SECOND STEP: Once boiling, add in jello gelatin mix and whisk until completely dissolved. Remove pan from the stove and pour the mixture into a separate pour-able container. This can be either a glass measuring cup or a small pitcher.
THIRD STEP: Begin by whisking in cold water, and then add in vodka.
FOURTH STEP: Once combined, pour finished mixture into 2 oz containers or any plastic shot glass until almost full
FIFTH STEP: Allow to set in the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour, preferably 2-3 hours.
SIXTH STEP: Repeat the process for each different flavor/color of gelatin you are making.
Also Check: Don Ramon Tequila 3 Liter
How Do You Take A Jello Shot
If you have a plastic container, run a dull knife or your finger around the inside edge of the container to remove the Jello. If you use shot glasses made of glass, make sure you have little spoons to remove the Jello from the glass. Break the shots up and dont try to swallow them all at once you dont want to choke on them. As with all alcohol, consume the shots responsibly.
Make Your Favorite Cocktails Even Better With Mojito Cosmopolitan And Long Island
How to make jello syringe shots with vodka. Whipped cream vodka, coffee, gelatin, pumpkin pie spice, whipped cream and 1 more. Jello shots are the epitome of fun, carefree drinkingits pretty much impossible to scowl while eating one. But if youre presented with a jello shot for the first time, or if youre.
Whipped cream, vodka, boiling water, jello, jello, candies, sugar and 1 more grasshopper jello shots ann’s entitled life crème de cacao, milk, mint liqueur, unflavored gelatin, green food coloring To make fewer shots, only use half a package of each gelatin box and half the amount of recommended vodka. Pour boiling water over jello and whisk until jello is completely dissolved.
Jello, graham cracker crumbs, water, whipped cream, cool whip and 2 more. Add jello and mix until dissolved. All you need is some gelatin, vodka and a little patience.
Pour 1 ounce of the mixture into each of the 16 shot glasses and chill until solid. Let refrigerate for 4 hours. Boil 1 cup of water on the stovetop.
Take one for the team and determine if vodka really is the best alcohol for jello shots. Vodka, jello, candies, jello, cold water, sugar, whipped cream and 1 more cranberry jello shots the blond cook boiling water, vodka, cranberries, cold water, jello Heat 1 cup water to boiling.
You can serve the jelly shots as they are without any garnish. Mix in cold water and alcohol in the ratio you have chosen to add up to 1 cup. Add the vodka or rum and cold water, and stir to combine.
Recommended Reading: Easy Bacardi Drinks
What Vodka Should I Use For Jell
Standard vodka is neutral-tasting, meaning it doesnt have a flavor. So, when you make Jell-O shots , get creative and use flavored vodka. Here are some fun flavor combinations you can try:
- Strawberry Lemonade: strawberry Jell-O, lemon vodka
- Mixed Berry: raspberry Jell-O, blueberry vodka
- Dreamsicle: orange Jell-O, vanilla vodka
- Peaches and Cream: peach Jell-O, vanilla vodka
- Pina Colada: pineapple Jell-O, coconut vodka
- Key Lime: lime Jell-O, cake vodka
Not sure what brand of vodka to buy at the liquor store? We rounded up a list of the best vodka brands for every occasion to help.
Great Vodkas If You Have Money To Spend
- Grey Goose: Grey Goose is delicious. However, you’re mostly paying for the import cost here, not necessarily the quality of vodka. That said, it IS a better vodka than Smirnoff, meaning that it’s smoother. If you can afford a giant bottle of Goose, those shots will go down real smooth.
- Absolut: In the same quality tier as Grey Goose, this is a wonderful vodka. However, the extra quality that you’re paying for is likely to get lost in the Jell-O. If you find a good sale though, go for it! This vodka won’t disappoint.
- Belvedere: While delicious and smooth with only the slightest of burns, the intricate flavors are going to be overwhelmed by the Jell-O. If you can swing it and want some smooooth shots, go for it.
Read Also: Frozen Strawberry Lemonade With Vodka
How To Make Jello Shots Glow In The Dark:
Some of the recipes we made for the party were better received than others. These Glow in the Dark Jello shots tasted fine. They are like a blue raspberry-ish taste. The glow in the dark part was a bust for the party as we didnt stay late and wouldnt have had a black light with us even if we did.
Tonic water is what makes a Jello shot glow. You can basically make ANY jello shot glow in the dark just swapping the liquid to tonic water . However, if you expect to just plop these Glow in the Dark Jello Shots on a table and they will glow, you are in for a disappointment. You need a black light for the jello shots to glow in the dark.
When I started researching how to make a jello shot glow in the dark, I quickly saw tonic water, tonic water, TONIC WATER! was the answer. But no one mentioned the stinking BLACK LIGHT!!! So, when I started googling on how to actually get the tonic water Jello shots to glow in the dark and stumbled across some comment somewhere that spilled the beans, I was quasi-relieved. After I made these and was ready to photograph for the blog post I was thinking a black light!? But these Jello shots are going to the party tomorrow! Where was I going to get a black light!?
Hubby to the rescue!
The souffle cups are 2oz, and a shot glass is 1oz, 1.5oz or 2oz normally, so you may get a different number of servings depending on the vessel you use to set the gelatin.
How To Make Fancy Jell
When making your own custom jelly shots with plain gelatin, food coloring, flavoring, and more, keep these tips in mind:
- You can experiment with how solid youd like your Jell-O shots to be and vary the ratio of Jell-O to alcohol. General guidelines are to use a 1:1 water-to-alcohol ratio if you use more, youll get some very potent Jell-O shots that youll have a hard time convincing your guests to consume.
- Try infusing your alcohol with herbs, spices, citrus zest, or other flavor agents before mixing it into your gelatin.
- To make layered Jello-O shots, whether using individual containers or a 9- by 13-inch brownie pan, pour the first layer in and refrigerate until solid. Once set, add a new color or flavor on top of the first layer, and so on til youre done. that you can garnish with sea salt. Or just make rainbow Jello shots!)
- Beware fresh pineapple juicesounds dreamy, but the enzymes in it will interfere with the gelatins setting power this is one case where canned is best.
Michelle Palm, author of The Jelly Shot Test Kitchen: Jell-ing Classic CocktailsOne Drink at a Time, has some great tips on her website for Jell-O shot best practices. For instance:
Also Check: What Proof Is Patron Tequila
About Glow In The Dark Jello Shots
The 90s teen in me is so excited to share this recipe with you guys, because, well cmon, its glow in the dark jello shotswere talking about there!
Because if you didnt notice, they glow. In the dark.
And if youre one of my fellow thirty-somethings, Im sure youre just as hyped as I am for these.
Because no matter how old we are, everything neon that glows will always be cool, amirite?
How Long Does It Take Jello Shots To Set
Most jello shots will be pretty firmed up within the hour. But for the best results, make them several hours in advance so they are really firm and cold and ready to serve! For a little extra fancy pass your jello shots around with some whipped cream for a sweet dollop of creaminess!
Surprise your guests, make the jello shots with coordinating flavored vodka! Watermelon vodka with watermelon gelatin, citrus vodka with lime gelatin even make orange creamsicle jello shots with vanilla vodka and orange gelatin!
Dont be afraid to get creative and make your next celebration the one everyone talks about!
Don’t Miss: Is Member’s Mark Vodka Grey Goose
How To Make Awesome Jello Shots
Eren, Facty Staff
Super easy to make, spill-proof, and chilled to perfection, jello shots add an unexpected twist backyard BBQs, summer gatherings, pool parties, and more. The wiggling will have everyone giggling in no time, so eat and enjoy! Responsibly, of course!Once youve mastered this basic formula for making jello shots, youre good to go:
- Boil water.
- Pour one cup into a big glass measuring cup.
- Add jello and stir until dissolved.
- Stir in the alcohol.
- Pour the mixture into 1-oz. plastic cups
- Chill in the refrigerator until the jello has solidified.
- Once solid, top the cups with lids
Its Jello Shot Season
Give your next party a shot of excitement with this easy and delicious Jello Shots Recipe!
Are you planning a 21st birthday party? A holiday party? Maybe even a casual summer party?
- Cue your favorite song.
- Cue good food.
- Cue the booze.
You cant plan a party without everyones favorite treat, Jello Shots! Rum Jello Shots, Vodka Jello Shots, Tequila Jello Shots, or whatever booze you may have.
Winter, Spring, Summer, or Fall. You can enjoy Jello shots any time of the year for any type of party!
Read Also: How Much Proof Is Bacardi
How To Choose The Right Liquor & Ingredients
You dont need to break the bank when it comes to choosing a smooth liquor. You dont want an overwhelming liquor taste, so getting a bottle of smooth liquor will go a long way in making the best jello shots.
Also, keep in mind what flavor combinations youre wanting to make. For instance, you can use Bicardi rum mixed with Island Pineapple jello for a fun tiki jello shot.
Jello Shots With Vodka Recipe
Jello shots with Vodka
- 5 minutes to make
- Serves 5
Fun party food/drink. Jello shots are half jello and half vodka. Quick to make and a lot of fun to eat. Be careful…they will sneak up on you!: D
- Feel free to use any of the below tags. Click one to add it.
- Add items to your shopping list
- The Basic recipe note first: Experiment with flavored vodka along with the jello. Bright color with loads of alcohol and fun to boot! shopping list
- 1 Lrg. box of jello – any flavor you enjoy shopping list
- 3/4 c. vodka – Finlandia is my choice shopping list
- dixie cups – perferably ones with the wax lining so that the shots come out easier. shopping list
How to make it
- OPEN BOX of jello and dump into medium sized bowl.
- MICROWAVE 1 c. of water for 2 minutes or until it boils and add to the jello powder. Mix until desolved. Allow to cool for about 15 minutes. Add 3/4 c. vodka and stir again.
- FILL DIXIE cups with the jello mixture 3/4 full and refrigerate for about 1 hour. The mixture will gel and they are now ready to slurp. Have fun!
People Who Like This Dish 42
Recommended Reading: What Proof Is Bacardi Rum
Good Options That Blend Price And Taste
- Smirnoff: This is a solid alcohol. It burns a bit going down, but it’s a great bang for your buck. It does the job, doesn’t take like rubbing alcohol, and blends pretty seamlessly with most flavors. It’s also what I used in this article! Smirnoff also has a ton of flavored options.
- Vitali: In our taste test, this vodka ranked well ahead of everything but Goose. If you want quality and quantity, this is probably your best option. It blended really well with the gelatin and didn’t have too much of an alcohol-y kick.
- New Amsterdam: A slightly classier Smirnoff, in my opinion. They’re similarly priced, taste similar, and both do the job well. If one is on sale, go with that one because, like I said, they’re really similar.
- Three Olives: This stuff is pretty tasty, and they have some unique flavors . However, it’s a bit pricer than Smirnoff. It’s a bit smoother than Smirnoff. It’s definitely worth a try, but maybe isn’t the most economical choice for a huge rager. Using the cherry flavor vodka in the shots definitely made the flavor more pronounced.
Recipe Tips And Variations
- Yield: Each 3-ounce box of Jello makes 10 Jello Shots.
- Two hues: For shots with 2 color layers in one cup, fill shot glasses halfway with the first Jello mixture and refrigerate for 2 hours. Repeat with the second color and refrigerate until set, about 2 hours more.
- Make ahead: Prepare up to 3 days in advance, then store in airtight containers in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
- Sugar-free: If desired, substitute one 0.6-ounce box of sugar-free Jello for the 3-ounce box of regular Jello.
- Gelatin sheets: To prepare Jello Shots using gelatin sheets instead of powder, mix together 1 cup vodka and 1 cup fruit juice, such as lemon juice. Add 2 gelatin sheets and allow to bloom for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, make simple syrup in a small saucepan by mixing together 2/3 cup of water and 2/3 cup granulated sugar. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Whisk hot simple syrup into the gelatin mixture. Continue with step 3. If fresh fruit juice is used, the Jello shots may take longer to set up.
- Other liquors: If youre not fond of vodka, substitute in spirits you enjoy. Consider cocktail-inspired mixes: Try tequila and lime Jello for a Margarita Jello Shot, bourbon and orange Jello for an Old Fashioned Jello Shot or gin and lemon Jello for a Tom Collins Jello Shot.
Read Also: Good Jim Beam Mixed Drinks
Gettin’ Jiggly Wit It
A party tray of boozy, jiggly, Jell-O® shots or pudding shots is right where childhood nostalgia meets grown-up playtime. With so many flavors and colors to choose fromcombined with all kinds of liquorsyou can create shots to suit any occasion. I’ll show you how to make Jell-O shots and pudding shots with tips and recipes, and show you how to make molded and layered Jell-O shots that’ll be the talk of the party.
Surfer On Acid Jello Shots
The only thing better than the name of this cocktail is the cocktail itself — its totally radical!One 3-oz. box of pineapple jello1 cup of boiling waterOne 3-oz. box of coconut rum2 oz. Jägermeister1 oz. pineapple juice1/4 cup of cold waterTipsy tip: Make sure you dont overdo the Jägermeister, or it will quickly become a Jäger on Acid instead. If you want, you can replace the pineapple juice with an additional 1 oz. of coconut rum.
Recommended Reading: Make Honey Whiskey
How Long Do Jello Shots Last
If you keep your jello shots in the refrigerator in a tray with a plastic or aluminum cover, they can last for over a week some enthusiasts say that they’ll stay good for up to 10 days.
It may seem like a good idea to freeze your jello shots to get a longer life out of them, but the nature of gelatin makes this a counterproductive idea. When they thaw, they’ll lose the structure and the texture that makes jello shots so appealing.
How Much Alcohol Is In A Jello Shot
This jello shot recipe uses 1/2 cup vodka for 12 shots = 1/3 ounce vodka per shot. Thats 4 jello shots to equal 1 regular shot.
Even if you take out the cold water and use 1 cup vodka = thats still only 2/3 ounce vodka per shot. This is typical of jello shots. Thats 2 jello shots to equal 1 shot.
Also Check: Ley Diamante Pasion Azteca Platinum Tequila